Bible Verses on lust
that can take us by surprise - but just remember this: Lust is a temptation and an evil that overcomes many of us. It is born of Satan and the flesh. Every single one of us is subject to lust. If we are to overcome it, we must be good Christians. We must be strong!
We live in a sinful world, and there are many lustful tempations that sound SO GOOD to us. So good, in fact, that we are bitter if we do not have them! But remember, things of the flesh are meaningless. You will find TRUE and LASTING meaning in things of the Spirit. Let the Holy Spirit guide you during your days - don't give in to lust and sin just because you think it will make you temporarily happy.
If you need help not giving into temptation and leading a holy, Christian life, you should read the Bible to find out WHY you should resist lust. Check out these Bible verses on lust and use them to strengthen yourself against this evil.
- Exodus 20 :14 Thou shalt not commit adultery. —
- Psalms 101 :3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. —
- Romans 8 :5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. —
- 1-Corinthians 6 :13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. —
- Galatians 5 :16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. —
- Ephesians 5 :3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; —
- 2-Timothy 2 :22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. —
- Titus 2 :11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, —
- 1-Peter 1 :14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: —
- 1-John 2 :16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. —