Bible Verses on money
What does the Bible say about money? Is it good? Is it bad? Should we aspire to make more? It seems there are many thoughts on this, but there's only one that counts - the Bible.
Money is something that we made, it isn't divine. It's a part of life, but we need to treat it as we treat other parts of life as Christians: it is only temporary, and it shouldn't be more important than our relationship with God. It's true that having money can greatly change our lives, but we shouldn't worship money.
It is important for us to do well in life… and that means making more money most of the time. Desiring to be successful is a good thing and we shouldn't avoid hard work and its rewards. We just need to remember that money alone will not make someone happy, it doesn't give them deeper meaning. God should always be at the center of your life.
The more you trust God and are happy with your life, the better your life will be. If you are a person of Faith and you have a strong character and positive attitude about life, it's possible that it will help you SUCCEED in life.
- Jeremiah 9 :23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: —
- Matthew 13 :22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. —
- Luke 11 :46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. —
- Luke 16 :9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations. —
- John 2 :16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise. —
- Acts 20 :33 I have coveted no man's silver, or gold, or apparel. —
- Philippians 4 :19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. —
- 1-Timothy 5 :8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. —
- 1-Timothy 6 :6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. —