Bible Verses on patience
Patience is one of the most difficult virtues to have. Life forces us to wait and be patient for many things, and it often proves difficult. So what does the Bible say about patience?
These verses on patience can help you understand why we must wait through trials and tribulations to fulfill God's plan for us. Read them below and click the verse for more information.
- Psalms 46 :10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. —
- Isaiah 40 :31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. —
- Galatians 6 :9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. —
- James 1 :19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: —
- James 5 :7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. —
- James 5 :8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. —