Bible Verses on persecution
The Bible clearly states that Christians will be persecuted. It still happens today in many different forms, from as simple as being mocked to as serious as murder. Be that as it may, you should not let persecution discourage you from being a Christian. Accepting Jesus Christ as your Savior is one of the most important things you will do on this Earth. You shouldn't avoid it just because of the persecution.
Although life may be hard for you at times because you are a Christian, be strong. Christian persecution may not be avoidable, but as Christians, we can endure it.
You can try to get through those trials by reading Bible verses about persecution. Read the scripture on persecution here and try to find peace in your life.
- Psalms 9 :13 Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death: —
- Psalms 119 :86 All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me. —
- Jeremiah 20 :11 But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten. —
- Matthew 5 :12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. —
- John 15 :18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. —
- John 15 :20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. —
- Romans 8 :35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? —
- 1-Corinthians 4 :12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: —
- 2-Corinthians 12 :10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. —
- 1-Thessalonians 3 :4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know. —
- Hebrews 10 :33 Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. —
- 1-Peter 4 :16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. —