Bible Verses on gambling
"Casting lots," the ancient version of gambling, was very common in many old societies. At Jesus's crucifixion, the soldiers cast lots for his clothes. However, in modern times we come across gambling, and not casting lots, in many situations. Although the Bible never specifically says gambling is bad, there are many Bible verses on gambling that instruct Christians to lead a holy, positive life. We gathered some of these Bible verses on gambling together for you to read. Reflect on these and pray to God, should you ever have a problem with gambling in your life!
- Proverbs 13 :11 Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase. —
- Ecclesiastes 5 :10 He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity. —
- Jonah 1 :7 And they said every one to his fellow, Come, and let us cast lots, that we may know for whose cause this evil is upon us. So they cast lots, and the lot fell upon Jonah. —
- Acts 4 :34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, —
- 1-Timothy 6 :9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. —