Bible Verses on brothers
Brothers are an important part of the Bible... after all, Jesus referred to those closest to Him as His own brothers. There are many literal and figurative mentions of brothers in the Bible.
We should treat everyone in our lives as brothers or sisters. It is important to love people, treat them with respect... and in essence, treat them all as our own family.
Read these Bible verses about brothers if you'd like to know more about how you should interact with people in your life.
- Leviticus 19 :17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. —
- Matthew 12 :50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. —
- Matthew 18 :35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses. —
- Matthew 25 :40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. —
- Hebrews 2 :11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, —
- Hebrews 2 :12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. —
- 1-Peter 1 :22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: —
- 1-John 3 :15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. —