Bible Verses on light
There are many parts of the Bible that mention light (or Light). Usually, these verses are talking about God, holiness, truth or faith. Light is usually a positive symbol.
To learn more about how to interpret Light in the Bible, please read these Bible verses on Light. Hopefully some light will be shed on your understanding!
- Psalms 119 :105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. —
- Matthew 4 :16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. —
- Matthew 5 :14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. —
- John 1 :5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. —
- John 8 :12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. —
- John 12 :35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. —
- Ephesians 5 :14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. —
- 1-John 1 :7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. —
- Revelation 21 :23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. —