Bible Verses on bitterness
There are many ways that Christians can be affected by bitterness. Regret, jealousy, and envy can all lead to feelings of bitterness and to an unhappy life. When a person is bitter, their life doesn't feel worth living. Don't let that happen to you! Turn to God and try to heal your bitterness.
The Bible is here to help deal with these bitter feelings - there are many Bible verses about bitterness. If you are trying to move past an event or situation in our life that has left you feeling this way, be sure to read these Bible verses on bitterness below.
Although you might not think that this will help at first - believe in yourself and in God. Accept that reading the Bible and praying can help you in your times of trouble. Praying to God and working past your problems can help heal the bitter feelings in your life.
- 1-Samuel 30 :6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God. —
- 2-Samuel 2 :26 Then Abner called to Joab, and said, Shall the sword devour for ever? knowest thou not that it will be bitterness in the latter end? how long shall it be then, ere thou bid the people return from following their brethren? —
- Job 7 :11 Therefore I will not refrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul. —
- Job 10 :1 My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul. —
- Job 21 :25 And another dieth in the bitterness of his soul, and never eateth with pleasure. —
- Job 23 :2 Even to day is my complaint bitter: my stroke is heavier than my groaning. —
- Psalms 71 :20 Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth. —
- Proverbs 14 :10 The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy. —
- Proverbs 17 :25 A foolish son is a grief to his father, and bitterness to her that bare him. —
- Ephesians 4 :31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: —
- Hebrews 12 :15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled; —
- 1-John 2 :9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. —