Bible Verses on fear
Sometimes the world that we live in can be a very scary place. This world has many things capable of inducing fear, but with God and the Bible, the wonderful news is that you don't have to be afraid. God is your shield and your stronghold in times of trouble.
Just saying that might not mean much - but when you think about it, it is true. God is always there for you in your times of trouble. You can pray to Him for guidance. Sometimes simply knowing he is there can calm your spirits and make you less afraid of what you are experiencing in your life.
As a Christian, it is also comforting to know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. We are saved! Once we die, we will be united with God and all of our loved ones in Heaven. Why should we fear???
Check out these Bible verses about fear below. They will teach you how to handle and eventually overcome any fear you have.
- Deuteronomy 31 :6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. —
- Psalms 46 :1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. —
- Proverbs 29 :25 The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe. —
- Isaiah 41 :13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. —
- Isaiah 51 :12 I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass; —
- Mark 4 :40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith? —
- Hebrews 13 :6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. —