Bible Verses on plagues
There are many mentions of plagues in the Bible. The most prominent are those mentioned during Moses time in Egypt and in the book of Revelation.
The Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt did not listen to Moses or Aaron when they were told they should not worship their false gods. They also kept the Lord's chosen people as slaves. Because of this, God sent ten plages to Egypt: the first plague turned water into blood, the second plague made frogs miraculously appear, the third plague was swarms of gnats, the fourth plague was swarms of flies, the fifth plague made livestock diseased, the sixth plague gave the people boils, the seventh plague was hail storms, the eighth plague brought swarms of locusts, the ninth plague created darkness over the land and the tenth plague killed the firstborn of families (except for those that were passed over).
These were the most well known plagues mentioned in the Bible, but the book of Revelation also features plagues that will come at the end of days.
- 1-Samuel 6 :4 Then said they, What shall be the trespass offering which we shall return to him? They answered, Five golden emerods, and five golden mice, according to the number of the lords of the Philistines: for one plague was on you all, and on your lords. —
- 1-Samuel 6 :5 Wherefore ye shall make images of your emerods, and images of your mice that mar the land; and ye shall give glory unto the God of Israel: peradventure he will lighten his hand from off you, and from off your gods, and from off your land. —
- Psalms 135 :8 Who smote the firstborn of Egypt, both of man and beast. —
- Psalms 135 :9 Who sent tokens and wonders into the midst of thee, O Egypt, upon Pharaoh, and upon all his servants. —
- Revelation 11 :6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. —
- Revelation 15 :1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. —
- Revelation 22 :18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: —