Bible Verses on discipline
Much like our birth fathers, God teaches us that discipline is necessary in life. When a child or even an adult goes through life without discipline, they are missing out on the character building necessary to make them a better person. However, even though we're aware of this, Christians can have a hard time disciplining themselves.
Self discipline is not an easy task, no matter how faithful a Christian is. There are temptations throughout life that will constantly plague you - but if you use the Bible to help you become disciplined, these temptations won't matter as much to you. Imagine a life where you can strongly stand up to any temptation. That is completely possible through Jesus Christ.
Read the Bible verses about discipline below. Truly meditate on their meanings and how you can work self discipline into your own life. It won't be easy, but it might be one of the most important things you can do for yourself as a Christian.
- Deuteronomy 4 :36 Out of heaven he made thee to hear his voice, that he might instruct thee: and upon earth he shewed thee his great fire; and thou heardest his words out of the midst of the fire. —
- Deuteronomy 8 :5 Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee. —
- Job 5 :17 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: —
- Psalms 6 :1 O LORD, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. —
- Psalms 39 :11 When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah. —
- Psalms 94 :12 Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O LORD, and teachest him out of thy law; —
- Proverbs 10 :17 He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth. —
- Proverbs 15 :10 Correction is grievous unto him that forsaketh the way: and he that hateth reproof shall die. —
- Proverbs 15 :32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding. —
- Proverbs 23 :23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding. —
- Proverbs 29 :17 Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul. —
- Jeremiah 17 :23 But they obeyed not, neither inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff, that they might not hear, nor receive instruction. —
- Hebrews 12 :10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. —
- Hebrews 12 :11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. —