Bible Verses on enemies
Our number one enemy as Christians is Satan, and he is everywhere in today's world. The enemy shows its face in the form of sins, temptations, and virtually any other area where you can be led astray. Whenever you feel the urge to lie, cheat, steal and commit other immoral acts - that is Satan at work. You must do your best to avoid these acts. By giving into them, you are letting Satan win.
In your life, if you come across those you do not get along with and you consider them your earthly "enemies," understand that they are just humans, too. They may be bad people, but as Christians we cannot let ourselves become dark and malicious like other people. Jesus taught us to NOT seek vengeance. If anything, we should seek to understand and forgive our enemies.
But in the end… always remember: Satan is Christianity's enemy. Don't let the enemy win - use the Bible to stay on course and defeat Satan. Please read these Bible verses on enemies if you need help understanding.
- Exodus 23 :22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries. —
- Leviticus 26 :6 And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land. —
- Deuteronomy 20 :1 When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. —
- Psalms 17 :7 Shew thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them which put their trust in thee from those that rise up against them. —
- Proverbs 16 :7 When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him. —
- Isaiah 59 :19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him. —
- Matthew 5 :43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. —
- Matthew 5 :44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; —
- 1-Peter 3 :9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. —