Bible Verses on works
An important part of being a Christian is faith - but faith is nothing without works. Doing "good works" means you must act in accordance with your beliefs. If you believe that you should be generous, then you should act generously.
Doing good works is all about being the best Christians we can. These Bible verses about works should help you understand that being a Christian is not just about faith. Having faith is easier than doing works in the name of the Lord. Acting like a Christian can be hard - and that's how we prove our faith.
So read this scripture on good works if you need to be pointed in the right direction. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 5:16 ... as Matthew says, let our light be seen by our good works, which glorify God.
- Proverbs 3 :6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. —
- Isaiah 64 :6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. —
- Romans 11 :6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. —
- 1-Timothy 2 :10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. —
- 1-Timothy 5 :10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work. —
- 1-Timothy 6 :18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; —
- Titus 3 :1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, —
- Titus 3 :8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men. —
- Titus 3 :14 And let ours also learn to maintain good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful. —
- Hebrews 6 :10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. —
- James 3 :13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. —
- Revelation 22 :14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. —