Bible Verses on warfare
War is an unfortunate and tragic part of our existence, and sometimes it's even fought over religion. Rest assured, Jesus never intended any bloodshed over his teachings and gift of salvation. But why does it happen?
It's just a fact that we live in a sinful world. Because of this sin, many bad things happen. We cannot stop it ourselves, but we can always stay strong when these things happen. Many of us know loved ones who have died because of warfare and it is a horrible thing to endure - Christian or not.
But being a Christian helps us through these times of trouble. Praying to God for guidance and comfort can really make a difference whenever we had to deal with terribly serious things. We can also pray that peace is brought to the world. It may never happen because of human nature, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't stop praying for it.
If you want to read what the Bible says about warfare, read the Bible verses on warfare below. Hopefully they will enlighten you and help you deal with the tragic things that happen in the world.
- Deuteronomy 20 :4 For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you. —
- 1-Chronicles 5 :20 And they were helped against them, and the Hagarites were delivered into their hand, and all that were with them: for they cried to God in the battle, and he was intreated of them; because they put their trust in him. —
- Psalms 23 :4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. —
- Psalms 27 :1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? —
- Proverbs 21 :31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD. —
- Proverbs 24 :26 Every man shall kiss his lips that giveth a right answer. —
- Ecclesiastes 3 :8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. —
- Mark 13 :8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows. —
- 2-Corinthians 10 :2 But I beseech you, that I may not be bold when I am present with that confidence, wherewith I think to be bold against some, which think of us as if we walked according to the flesh. —