Bible Verses on suicide
The Bible tells us murder is wrong... but what does it say about suicide? These Bible verses on suicide tell us that we should respect our bodies. We are God's creations, we shouldn't die before our time or forsake God's will just because things are tough.
So even though we face challenges, always seek out light and truth. Don't stray and consider dark things such as suicide. It is not in God's will. Treat your body as a temple!
- 1-Samuel 31 :5 And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead, he fell likewise upon his sword, and died with him. —
- Ecclesiastes 7 :17 Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time? —
- Mark 16 :16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. —
- John 10 :28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. —
- John 12 :25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. —
- Acts 16 :27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. —
- Romans 12 :2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. —
- 1-Corinthians 3 :16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? —
- 1-Corinthians 6 :20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. —
- Revelation 9 :6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. —