Bible Verses on temptations
The challenge of being a Christian is the temptations we face every day. Resisting temptation is a very important part of every Christian's life. Christian temptation is different from any other kind, but we CAN be tested and we WILL resist temptation. It's never easy, but Christians have the inner strength to do so if we turn to God.
Even though something sinful in your life might sound good, take some time to reflect on this statement: if today was the last day of your life, what would you want to do? Would you fill your day with sinful experiences, or would you be close to the ones you love? Would you share your love and your compassion? I think we all know the answer to this. So every day, just remember what is TRULY important to you and to God.
Don't let the devil win the battle for your eternal soul - use the Bible and the verses on this page to let God deliver you from temptations. Reading Bible verses on temptation can do marvelous things for your mind and soul. Christian temptation is different from a nonbeliever being tempted - you have the strength to overcome your temptations!
- Psalms 119 :11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. —
- Psalms 119 :67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. —
- Matthew 26 :41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. —
- Luke 22 :31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: —
- 2-Corinthians 10 :13 But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you. —
- Ephesians 6 :11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. —
- Hebrews 2 :18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted. —
- James 1 :13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: —