- Psalms 88:1 O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:
- Psalms 88:2 Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;
- Psalms 88:3 For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the grave.
- Psalms 88:4 I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength:
- Psalms 88:5 Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.
- Psalms 88:6 Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps.
- Psalms 88:7 Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waves. Selah.
- Psalms 88:8 Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me; thou hast made me an abomination unto them: I am shut up, and I cannot come forth.
- Psalms 88:9 Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: LORD, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee.
- Psalms 88:10 Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Selah.
- Psalms 88:11 Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction?
- Psalms 88:12 Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
- Psalms 88:13 But unto thee have I cried, O LORD; and in the morning shall my prayer prevent thee.
- Psalms 88:14 LORD, why castest thou off my soul? why hidest thou thy face from me?
- Psalms 88:15 I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up: while I suffer thy terrors I am distracted.
- Psalms 88:16 Thy fierce wrath goeth over me; thy terrors have cut me off.
- Psalms 88:17 They came round about me daily like water; they compassed me about together.
- Psalms 88:18 Lover and friend hast thou put far from me, and mine acquaintance into darkness.
You can read through all of Psalms 88 below.Click the verse number to read commentary, definitions, meanings, and notesfor that particular Psalms 88 verse.