- Psalms 59:1 Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.
- Psalms 59:2 Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.
- Psalms 59:3 For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.
- Psalms 59:4 They run and prepare themselves without my fault: awake to help me, and behold.
- Psalms 59:5 Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
- Psalms 59:6 They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
- Psalms 59:7 Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, doth hear?
- Psalms 59:8 But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.
- Psalms 59:9 Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence.
- Psalms 59:10 The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies.
- Psalms 59:11 Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield.
- Psalms 59:12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.
- Psalms 59:13 Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah.
- Psalms 59:14 And at evening let them return; and let them make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city.
- Psalms 59:15 Let them wander up and down for meat, and grudge if they be not satisfied.
- Psalms 59:16 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble.
- Psalms 59:17 Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.
You can read through all of Psalms 59 below.Click the verse number to read commentary, definitions, meanings, and notesfor that particular Psalms 59 verse.