- Psalms 56:1 Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.
- Psalms 56:2 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.
- Psalms 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
- Psalms 56:4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
- Psalms 56:5 Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.
- Psalms 56:6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.
- Psalms 56:7 Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God.
- Psalms 56:8 Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?
- Psalms 56:9 When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.
- Psalms 56:10 In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word.
- Psalms 56:11 In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
- Psalms 56:12 Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee.
- Psalms 56:13 For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?
You can read through all of Psalms 56 below.Click the verse number to read commentary, definitions, meanings, and notesfor that particular Psalms 56 verse.