- Psalms 48:1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
- Psalms 48:2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
- Psalms 48:3 God is known in her palaces for a refuge.
- Psalms 48:4 For, lo, the kings were assembled, they passed by together.
- Psalms 48:5 They saw it, and so they marvelled; they were troubled, and hasted away.
- Psalms 48:6 Fear took hold upon them there, and pain, as of a woman in travail.
- Psalms 48:7 Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish with an east wind.
- Psalms 48:8 As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God: God will establish it for ever. Selah.
- Psalms 48:9 We have thought of thy lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple.
- Psalms 48:10 According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness.
- Psalms 48:11 Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments.
- Psalms 48:12 Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof.
- Psalms 48:13 Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; that ye may tell it to the generation following.
- Psalms 48:14 For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.
You can read through all of Psalms 48 below.Click the verse number to read commentary, definitions, meanings, and notesfor that particular Psalms 48 verse.