- Psalms 140:1 Deliver me, O LORD, from the evil man: preserve me from the violent man;
- Psalms 140:2 Which imagine mischiefs in their heart; continually are they gathered together for war.
- Psalms 140:3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders' poison is under their lips. Selah.
- Psalms 140:4 Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from the violent man; who have purposed to overthrow my goings.
- Psalms 140:5 The proud have hid a snare for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set gins for me. Selah.
- Psalms 140:6 I said unto the LORD, Thou art my God: hear the voice of my supplications, O LORD.
- Psalms 140:7 O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
- Psalms 140:8 Grant not, O LORD, the desires of the wicked: further not his wicked device; lest they exalt themselves. Selah.
- Psalms 140:9 As for the head of those that compass me about, let the mischief of their own lips cover them.
- Psalms 140:10 Let burning coals fall upon them: let them be cast into the fire; into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
- Psalms 140:11 Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth: evil shall hunt the violent man to overthrow him.
- Psalms 140:12 I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.
- Psalms 140:13 Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.
You can read through all of Psalms 140 below.Click the verse number to read commentary, definitions, meanings, and notesfor that particular Psalms 140 verse.