- Jonah 2:1 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly,
- Jonah 2:2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.
- Jonah 2:3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.
- Jonah 2:4 Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.
- Jonah 2:5 The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.
- Jonah 2:6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God.
- Jonah 2:7 When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.
- Jonah 2:8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.
- Jonah 2:9 But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.
- Jonah 2:10 And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land.
You can read through all of Jonah 2 below.Click the verse number to read commentary, definitions, meanings, and notesfor that particular Jonah 2 verse.