- Amos 2 :1Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Moab, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because he burned the bones of the king of Edom into lime:
- Amos 2 :2But I will send a fire upon Moab, and it shall devour the palaces of Kirioth: and Moab shall die with tumult, with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet:
- Amos 2 :3And I will cut off the judge from the midst thereof, and will slay all the princes thereof with him, saith the LORD.
- Amos 2 :4Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Judah, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have despised the law of the LORD, and have not kept his commandments, and their lies caused them to err, after the which their fathers have walked:
- Amos 2 :5But I will send a fire upon Judah, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem.
- Amos 2 :6Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of Israel, and for four, I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they sold the righteous for silver, and the poor for a pair of shoes;
- Amos 2 :7That pant after the dust of the earth on the head of the poor, and turn aside the way of the meek: and a man and his father will go in unto the same maid, to profane my holy name:
- Amos 2 :8And they lay themselves down upon clothes laid to pledge by every altar, and they drink the wine of the condemned in the house of their god.
- Amos 2 :9Yet destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit from above, and his roots from beneath.
- Amos 2 :10Also I brought you up from the land of Egypt, and led you forty years through the wilderness, to possess the land of the Amorite.
- Amos 2 :11And I raised up of your sons for prophets, and of your young men for Nazarites. Is it not even thus, O ye children of Israel? saith the LORD.
- Amos 2 :12But ye gave the Nazarites wine to drink; and commanded the prophets, saying, Prophesy not.
- Amos 2 :13Behold, I am pressed under you, as a cart is pressed that is full of sheaves.
- Amos 2 :14Therefore the flight shall perish from the swift, and the strong shall not strengthen his force, neither shall the mighty deliver himself:
- Amos 2 :15Neither shall he stand that handleth the bow; and he that is swift of foot shall not deliver himself: neither shall he that rideth the horse deliver himself.
- Amos 2 :16And he that is courageous among the mighty shall flee away naked in that day, saith the LORD.
You can read through all of Amos 2 below.Click the verse number to read commentary, definitions, meanings, and notesfor that particular Amos 2 verse.