- 1-chronicles 14:1 Now Hiram king of Tyre sent messengers to David, and timber of cedars, with masons and carpenters, to build him an house.
- 1-chronicles 14:2 And David perceived that the LORD had confirmed him king over Israel, for his kingdom was lifted up on high, because of his people Israel.
- 1-chronicles 14:3 And David took more wives at Jerusalem: and David begat more sons and daughters.
- 1-chronicles 14:4 Now these are the names of his children which he had in Jerusalem; Shammua, and Shobab, Nathan, and Solomon,
- 1-chronicles 14:5 And Ibhar, and Elishua, and Elpalet,
- 1-chronicles 14:6 And Nogah, and Nepheg, and Japhia,
- 1-chronicles 14:7 And Elishama, and Beeliada, and Eliphalet.
- 1-chronicles 14:8 And when the Philistines heard that David was anointed king over all Israel, all the Philistines went up to seek David. And David heard of it, and went out against them.
- 1-chronicles 14:9 And the Philistines came and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.
- 1-chronicles 14:10 And David enquired of God, saying, Shall I go up against the Philistines? And wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the LORD said unto him, Go up; for I will deliver them into thine hand.
- 1-chronicles 14:11 So they came up to Baalperazim; and David smote them there. Then David said, God hath broken in upon mine enemies by mine hand like the breaking forth of waters: therefore they called the name of that place Baalperazim.
- 1-chronicles 14:12 And when they had left their gods there, David gave a commandment, and they were burned with fire.
- 1-chronicles 14:13 And the Philistines yet again spread themselves abroad in the valley.
- 1-chronicles 14:14 Therefore David enquired again of God; and God said unto him, Go not up after them; turn away from them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.
- 1-chronicles 14:15 And it shall be, when thou shalt hear a sound of going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt go out to battle: for God is gone forth before thee to smite the host of the Philistines.
- 1-chronicles 14:16 David therefore did as God commanded him: and they smote the host of the Philistines from Gibeon even to Gazer.
- 1-chronicles 14:17 And the fame of David went out into all lands; and the LORD brought the fear of him upon all nations.
You can read through all of 1-chronicles 14 below.Click the verse number to read commentary, definitions, meanings, and notesfor that particular 1-chronicles 14 verse.