The Centurion's Nightmare of the Crucifixion - Ministry Videos
This video is a scene in our church's Easter Drama this year. It depicts a vision/nightmare the centurion who oversees the crucifixion has, the one who says "surely this man was the Son of God"
I think we often "sanitize" the day Jesus dies on the cross and redeems our sins because it is too difficult to watch or even think of. Imagine for a minute, how much punishment must He have endured to atone for every sin by every man/woman/child since the beginning of time until the day He returns.
Wouldn't be a shame if we don't accept this gift given to us and needlessly carry our sins, guilt and shame to our death.
I say we embrace the cross and embrace Jesus with full gratitude and give him the honor He deserves. The images depicted are indeed hard to watch but I make myself watch them so I can connect to Jesus in awe and thanksgiving for his incredible gift.
The good news is in a couple days we replace these images with those of a risen Savior on Easter.
The centurion was transformed on Good Friday by what he saw. Maybe you will too!
If you would like to see the drama visit Sunrise Ministries Podcast on Itunes after Easter!
Scenes are taken from "The Passion of The Christ" by Mel Gibson
More videos from this user
- Wedding Video1,254 views
Recommended for you
- New Hope Oahu - "We Live" Lyric Videodreamrecords00:03:413,963 views
- iBelieve.com: Spiritual Whitespace: Finding Hope after Tr...ibelievedotcom00:03:536,476 views
- CrosswalkMovies.com: "When the Game Stands Tall" Video Mo...crosswalkmovies00:08:01787 views
- This Popstar Has A Song That Every Woman NEEDS To Hear – ...vids2inspire00:03:5266,782 views
- PREGNANCY BRAIN! (Modern Marriage Moments)modernmarriagemoment00:01:303,468 views
- Your Heart Will Explode After This ADORABLE Daddy-Daughte...yabbadabbadoo00:02:0683,258 views
- Envuelveme -Live- (Jose Lizardo Ft. Rocio Crooke)joselizardo800:10:301,852 views
- One Inspiring Man Tells What Being Thankful REALLY Meansjaminsermons00:01:0110,880 views