The Pressures of Parenting, Part 1 (John MacArthur) - Ministry Videos
http://www.gty.org/Blog/B100923 ... Remember when you were newlyweds, fast approaching your one year anniversary? Life was good-your relationship with your beloved spouse, fresh and romantic; your ministry within the church, exciting and rewarding. Marriage was everything you thought it would be-and the future looked bright.
But then you have that talk-you know, the one about having kids. Your heart skipped a beat. Suddenly your shiny optimism became overshadowed with clouds of doubt and fear.
If that sounds familiar, you're not alone. Many Christian couples have feared the prospect of raising children. If you surveyed them, you'd probably hear something like this: "Parenting is expensive, time consuming, and complex. Having kids means I've got to get a bigger house, trade my SUV for a lame mini-van, set aside my personal goals, and say goodbye to time with my spouse." Whether or not those fears are legitimate, they pale in comparison to the real pressure of parenting. John MacArthur explains . . .
Listen to John's sermon excerpt, then join the conversation in the comment thread (http://www.gty.org/Blog/B100923). Here are a few questions to discuss:
Seasoned parents, what advice would you offer younger couples about to enter the realm of parenting? What lessons did God teach you that you'd like to pass along concerning the social, cultural pressures of parenting?
New or soon-to-be parents, what concerns you the most when considering the future you face as a new parent?
More videos from this user
Recommended for you
- Dealing with Personal Offenses (Philippians 4:2-3) John M...gracetoyou00:01:59380 views
- Is Salvation Easy? (Matthew 7:13-14) John MacArthurgracetoyou00:01:59460 views
- The Murder of God’s Son: A Prophetic Parable, Part 2 (Luk...gracetoyou00:28:26388 views
- The Murder of God's Son: A Prophetic Parable, Part 1B (Lu...gracetoyou00:28:30241 views
- The Essentials of Discipleship (1 Corinthians 4:1-21) - J...gracetoyou00:54:54405 views
- A Model for Giving Thanks (1 Chronicles 16:8-36) - John M...gracetoyou00:29:46264 views
- A Life Without Loose Endsgracetoyou00:28:30244 views
- Gifts Fit for a Baby (Matthew 2:9-12)gracetoyou00:01:59205 views
- Why the Little Town of Bethlehem? (Matthew 2:1-12)gracetoyou00:01:59286 views
- An Unsavory Lineage (Matthew 1:3-6)gracetoyou00:01:59300 views
- Fruitless Branches (John 15:2, 6)gracetoyou00:01:57518 views
- Always Ready (1 Peter 3)gracetoyou00:01:59561 views
- Paul’s Doubts about the Galatians (Galatians 4)gracetoyou00:01:59234 views
- Work Out Your Salvation (Philippians 2:12)gracetoyou00:01:59272 views
- Jesus, the Firstborn (Colossians 1:15)gracetoyou00:01:59207 views
- Suffer or Compromise? The Great Collisiongracetoyou00:04:30256 views
- It's God's Will That You Suffer for Righteousness' Sakegracetoyou00:03:57293 views
- Submissiongracetoyou00:02:33360 views
- Christ Died for God, #1 (Romans 3:25-31)gracetoyou00:28:29316 views
- Handed Over to Satan? (1 Corinthians 5)gracetoyou00:01:59320 views