Oswald Chambers - Is Your Ability to See God Blinded? - Ministry Videos
Oswald Chambers playlist:
Oswald Chambers (1874-1917) was born July 24, 1874, in Aberdeen, Scotland. Converted in his teen years under the ministry of Charles Haddon Spurgeon, he studied art and archaeology at the University of Edinburgh before answering a call from God to the Christian ministry. He then studied theology at Dunoon College. From 1906-1910 he conducted an itinerant Bible-teaching ministry in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Japan.
In 1910, Chambers married Gertrude Hobbs. They had one daughter, Kathleen.
In 1911 he founded and became principal of the Bible Training College in Clapham, London, where he lectured until the school was closed in 1915 because of World War I. In October 1915 he sailed for Zeitoun, Egypt (near Cairo), where he ministered to troops from Australia and New Zealand as a YMCA chaplain. He died there November 15, 1917, following surgery for a ruptured appendix.
Although Oswald Chambers wrote only one book, Baffled to Fight Better, more than thirty titles bear his name. With this one exception, published works were compiled by Mrs. Chambers, a court stenographer, from her verbatim shorthand notes of his messages taken during their seven years of marriage. For half a century following her husband's death she labored to give his words to the world.
My Utmost For His Highest, his best-known book, has been continuously in print in the United States since 1935 and remains in the top ten titles of the religious book bestseller list with millions of copies in print. It has become a Christian classic.
Oswald Chambers - Is Your Ability to See God Blinded?
More videos from this user
Recommended for you
- 666 : The Mark of the Beast - Oswald Chambersstack45ny00:04:13936 views
- Skilful Soul Winning - Oswald Chambersstack45ny00:06:52539 views
- Watchman Nee - Holy Spirit / Romans 7 ( Part 1 of 3 )stack45ny00:10:06762 views
- I See Jesus - Aileen Gilchriststack45ny00:04:12840 views
- Christian Martyrsstack45ny00:05:13995 views
- Psalm 129 (NKJV) - A Song of Ascents (Christian Worship M...stack45ny00:04:07933 views
- Psalm 133 (New King James Version / Christian Worship Mus...stack45ny00:03:141,052 views
- Kasih - Christian Worship Song ( with lyrics in Malay and...stack45ny00:05:022,028 views
- The Mortification of Sin in Believers (Ch. 1 of 14) - Joh...stack45ny00:10:57733 views
- Introducing J. Gresham Machen's Christianity and Liberali...stack45ny00:04:47698 views
- Tozer - What Is It To Accept Jesus? (Part 1 of 4)stack45ny00:09:31808 views
- Watchman Nee - The Importance of Brokenness (Part 1 of 2)stack45ny00:10:591,120 views
- Psalm 131 (NKJV) - A Song of Ascentsstack45ny00:04:31857 views
- Introduction to ReformedAudio.orgstack45ny00:04:591,135 views
- Christopher Love - Becoming A Spiritual Man (Part 1of 3)stack45ny00:10:00911 views
- Spurgeon - Looking Unto Jesus (Part 1 of 5)stack45ny00:10:171,258 views
- John MacArthur - The Narrow Gate and the Broad Way (Part ...stack45ny00:10:071,704 views
- The Worst Things - Thomas Watson (Part 1 of 7)stack45ny00:10:371,280 views
- Jonathan Edwards - The Excellency of Christ (Part 1 of 11...stack45ny00:10:511,501 views
- Jonathan Edwards - The Way to Holiness (Part 1 of 4)stack45ny00:09:481,444 views