Mom Warns After Pacifier Sends Infant To ER

Kristen Milhone, a mother in Michigan, set her 7-month-old son down for his usual nap one Wednesday morning. But when Jack awoke, she pulled him out of the bassinet a noticed a mark on the side of his face. "There was these blisters that were yellow and just starting to form ... It just reminded me of a chemical burn so I kind of freaked out a little bit." That’s when Kristen decided to take Jack to the emergency room and get checked out.

At first, the doctors were stumped as to what caused this bump on Jack’s face. But then, Kristen shared that she lets Jack sleep with his pacifier. The diameter of the mark was very similar in size to the Jack’s pacifiers. The doctors came to the conclusion that the pacifier must’ve suctioned to Jack’s face while he slept and caused the blistery mark.

This particular pacifier is a common brand that is sent home from the hospital with new moms. “You put your kids [to bed] thinking they are safe and these things you really might trust turn out to be dangerous,” said Kristen.

Now, Kristen is sharing her story in hopes that other mothers will think twice before letting their child sleep with a pacifier. “If you are going to use it, take it away from them as soon as they fall asleep. Especially when they start rolling around, don’t let them sleep with it in the crib." This is a warning that all parents need to hear.
Source: Inside Edition
X

Where would you like to share this video?

Today's Devotional

A Prayer for Being Enough Because You Are God's - Your Daily Prayer - July 22

When we fully understand God's sufficiency and deep love for us, we can truly start to believe that we are enough because of Him.

Read Today's Devotional