What evangelicals believe about the right to die; Methodist minister expects to lose credentials over gay wedding (UCNN #232) - Education Videos
Urban Christian News Network with Daniella Whyte for Friday, November 22, 2013.
1. According to Christianity Today, About a quarter of evangelicals believe that a person has a moral right to suicide if he or she is ready to die because living is now a burden, or if that person is an extremely heavy burden on his or her family.
2. According to The Associated Press, A United Methodist minister convicted under church law of officiating at his son's same-sex wedding was suspended for 30 days on Tuesday but remained defiant, saying he refuses to change his views, even if it means permanently losing his credentials.
3. According to USA Today, The Rev. Billy Graham was released from a North Carolina hospital Thursday after a two-day stay for respiratory problems.
4. According to WSBTV, The Urban League of Greater Atlanta is coming under fire for giving an equality award to Chick-Fil-A president and CEO Dan Cathy, who has spoken out against gay marriage. They awarded their Community Empowerment Award to Cathy during their Equal Opportunity Day dinner and gala.
5. According to TIME, An enormous section of a supermarket roof collapsed on Thursday in Latvia, leaving dozens dead, including three firefighters. At least 32 people died when the roof of a Maxima grocery store in the capital, Riga, fell in during a busy shopping hour, the Associated Press reports.
More videos from this user
Recommended for you
- The Fullness of Time (Part 5) (The History of Christianit...glsociety00:08:2621 views
- The Fullness of Time (Part 4) (The History of Christianit...glsociety00:11:0832 views
- Faith and Reason (Part 2) (The Reasons to Believe #21)glsociety00:07:5227 views
- Faith and Reason (Part 3) (The Reasons to Believe #22)glsociety00:07:5638 views
- Faith and Reason (Part 1) (The Reasons to Believe #20)glsociety00:07:2729 views
- The Fullness of Time (Part 5)glsociety00:11:0831 views
- Breaking Prophecy News; The Tribulation, Part 1 (The Prop...glsociety00:14:4950 views
- Thousands of Chinese Christians occupy church to prevent ...glsociety00:11:2327 views
- Questions About Arguments, part 1 (Reasons to Believe #7)glsociety00:07:2955 views
- Faith and Reason Are Allies (The Reasons to Believe #2)glsociety00:08:1745 views
- 5.1 quake shakes Calif.; 'Small' nuclear war could make E...glsociety00:12:3845 views
- 5.1 quake shakes L.A.; Warren launches campaign against m...glsociety00:10:0940 views
- Answers to Objections to Doing Apologetics, Part 2 (The R...glsociety00:05:0264 views
- Answers to Objections to Doing Apologetics, Part 1 (The R...glsociety00:06:0959 views
- Breaking Prophecy News; The Rapture Phase, Part 2 (The Pr...glsociety00:14:5842 views
- Deadly Ebola virus spreads; Russia kicked out of G8 (Seco...glsociety00:09:3649 views
- Breaking Prophecy News; The Rapture Phase, Part 1 (The Pr...glsociety00:15:2144 views
- Churches call for reconciliation in CAR; UK judge: Christ...glsociety00:09:5237 views
- EU leader says Europe faces "risk of armed conflict" (Sec...glsociety00:08:4540 views
- Breaking Prophecy News; Two Second Comings or One? Part 5...glsociety00:13:5081 views