Pastor Jon Dunbar: "Anticipation" - Sermon Videos
Embed stpaulutica 485 views 2013-12-04T19:54:05 The readings for Sunday will be Psalm 122; Isaiah 2:1-5; Romans 13:11-14; Matthew 24:36-44. For most of us, the word “sleep” is a beautiful word! It represents rest, refreshment, and renewed energy – something that is much-needed and well-deserved after a busy and work-filled fall season. Our readings describe another kind of sleep that is not good for us at all – spiritual sleep. Think of this as a kind of apathy, lethargy, or inattentiveness to the needs of our spirit. And rather than revitalizing a person, this kind of sleep can kill. God’s Word is our wake-up call. It’s a call to give serious attention to those areas of our lives that need to change. It’s a call to listen carefully to the promises of Christ and to live by those promises. In these next four weeks of Advent consider the following questions: What are the biggest distractions from spiritual growth that you and your family face? Are there aspects of your faith where you are experiencing spiritual apathy? Let these questions and their answers be at the heart of your prayers as you ask Jesus to “stir up” your spirit with the expectation of his coming.
More Sermon Videos
- Spectacular Performance Of ‘The Old Rugged Cross’ Will Give Your Goosebumps Gooseb...Music Videos
- BibleStudyTools.com: What is unique about the Book of Genesis?-Byron YawnEducation Videos
- Easter Version of ‘Hallelujah’ Will Give You ChillsMusic Videos
- Talented Group Gives Irish Dance A Modern MakeoverMusic Videos
- Celine Dion Surprises The Canadian Tenors With EPIC DuetInspirational Videos
- ‘Revelation Song’ – Phillips, Craig And Dean And Kari Jobe’s Breathtaking Performa...Music Videos
- 2 ADORABLE Toddlers Sing He Arose - It Will Melt Your Heart!Cute Videos
- Chris Tomlin - Jesus Loves MeMusic Videos
- Chris Tomlin - Jesus, This Is YouMusic Videos
- 40 Irish Dancers STUN An Entire Mall With Incredible Flash MobMusic Videos
- Goofy Great Dane Doesn’t Want To Wake UpCute Videos
- Young Girl Turns Every Chair With Emotional Performance Of ‘Power Of Love’Inspirational Videos
No playlists found for this account.