Do you need encouragement today? We all need a kind word, reminder of who we are and that this too shall pass. God didn’t design life to be easy, but He did put in place communities of people to help one another. There are many places you can become inspired and encouraged today. Maybe you hear a song on the radio (this happens to me a lot!), watched a movie, read a book – pay attention to what it is that gets through to you. Print it out or buy a cool sign with the quote printed – you know, like the ones you see on Pinterest and never have the time or skill to make? The more you remind yourself of the encouraging word or phrase, the more it will sink in and become part of your thoughts. Don’t let depression grab hold of you or one bad experience ruin your month. God’s in control and has great things in store if you will just hold on a bit longer! Today’s circumstances will prove to be blessings in future tomorrows.
Here are 10 words of encouragement to lift you up today!
Encouraging Quotes from Historical / Cultural Figures
10. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
9. “Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.” – Donald Trump
8. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
7. “The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.” – Mother Teresa
Encouraging Quotes from Christian Authors
6. “I've always been - you know, my personality is motivating and encouraging. And so I'm just being who God made me to be.” – Joel Osteen
5. “There is a time for risky love. There is a time for extravagant gestures. There is a time to pour out your affections on one you love. And when the time comes - seize it, don't miss it.” – Max Lucado
4. “What I thought as a young adult is you act like you have it together whether or not you do because that is what church people do. That is not what God has called us to do.” – Beth Moore
Encouraging Lyrics from Christian Songs
3. You're the One who conquers giants.
You"re the One who calls out kings.
You shut the mouth of lions.
You tell the dead to breathe.
You're the one who walks through fire.
You take the orphan's hand.
You are the One Messiah.
You are I Am.
– “You Are I Am Lyrics” by Mercy Me
2. We can trust our God
He knows what He's doing
Though it might hurt now
We won't be ruined
It might seem there's an ocean in between
But He's holding on to you and me
And He's never gonna leave, no
He is with us, He is with us
He is with us, He is with us
– “He Is With Us” by Love & The Outcome
1. You're an overcomer
Stay in the fight ‘til the final round
You're not going under
‘Cause God is holding you right now
You might be down for a moment
Feeling like it's hopeless
That's when He reminds You
That you're an overcomer
You're an overcomer
– “Overcomer” by Mandisa
I find that the more painful experiences and “hard lessons” I go through the more patience and perseverance is produced. This is comforting because you begin to realize that your situation is much bigger than you. It is easy to feel alone when you are going through a breakup, spent your last paycheck, heard the doctor say “cancer”, lost a friend to addiction, said goodbye to a child too soon. These are hard times, but God knows what you are going through and will provide the best source of comfort and encouragement possible. He knows what you need, so pray for encouragement and look for it in a unique place.
Article by Elise Cleary
I am a Christian writer and editor that lives in northern Michigan and thoroughly enjoy music, movies, TV shows, books and other entertainment with a Christian focus. My favorite song is "Oceans" by Hillsong United because it reminds me that has big plans for me and everyone else who puts their trust in Him. There are many movies that have impacted my life, but a few include God's Not Dead, The Shunning and Letters to God. I also write for www.faithandentertainment.com and love connecting with readers, so please don't hesitate to contact me! When I'm not writing I enjoy watching movies and laughing with my busy toddler and husband.