Beware of leaven - Matt. 16:5-12 - Sermon Videos
1. Jesus taught that we should be extremely cautious in regards to the disastrous effects of erroneous teaching, which he compares to the leaven of bread.
Exodus 12:14-20; 13:6-8
2. The children of Israel celebrated Passover, the holiday commemorating their salvation from Egyptian slavery, by removing all traces of leaven from their homes.
1 Corinthians 5:1-13
3. Paul rebukes both the sinner who continued in his disobedience as well as the Christian community for tolerating his behavior.
4. Since Jesus is our Passover, we are to permanently remove the leaven of malice and wickedness from our midst.
malice - The desire to inflict injury, harm, or suffering on another, either because of a hostile impulse or out of deep-seated meanness.
wickedness – The quality or state of being wicked, evil, or morally bad in principle.
5. The forbidden leaven is explained as the following behaviors: immorality, covetousness, idolatry, reviling, drunkenness, and swindling.
6. We must devote our attention to personal purity and self-examination before we help another with their sins.
1. Jesus calls us to have a vigilant attitude towards sin in our lives, not allowing any compromise to breed.
2. The church is responsible for maintaining its holy identity by shunning leaven-like behavior and refusing to tolerate the unrepentant.
3. Ask yourself: what unrepentant leaven are you tolerating in your life?
4. Remember that God is a
More videos from this user
Recommended for you
- Scottcountrysidebiblechurch00:32:13115 views
- Who Am I?countrysidebiblechurch00:33:23211 views
- Being molded for the age to comecountrysidebiblechurch00:35:53252 views
- "By faith...they obeyed" - Heb. 11countrysidebiblechurch00:36:59229 views
- The Humble will be Exaltedcountrysidebiblechurch00:35:03307 views
- God tests His children - Heb. 11:17-19countrysidebiblechurch00:37:06340 views
- Listening to 1 Peter countrysidebiblechurch00:46:55147 views
- Preaching 2nd Peter 3countrysidebiblechurch00:34:13181 views
- How to make disciples - Matt. 28:19-20countrysidebiblechurch00:33:33295 views
- Who is Jesus, really? Matt. 16:13-20countrysidebiblechurch00:34:16245 views
- How to deny yourself - Matt. 16countrysidebiblechurch00:30:36256 views
- Jesus makes the rules, we don't - Matt. 16:1-4 (July 21, ...countrysidebiblechurch00:28:01322 views
- Serve Now, Reign Later - Matt. 15:29-39 (July 14, 2013)countrysidebiblechurch00:36:09283 views
- What a persistent faith looks like - Matt 15:21-28 (July ...countrysidebiblechurch00:32:40393 views
- Jesus' solution for the heart - Matt. 15:15-20 (June 30, ...countrysidebiblechurch00:34:02203 views
- False Prophets - Matt. 15:14 (June 23, 2013)countrysidebiblechurch00:30:05244 views
- The Seriousness of Sin - Matt. 15:3 part 4 (June 16, 2013...countrysidebiblechurch00:28:54219 views
- What is the Gospel?countrysidebiblechurch00:10:56274 views
- The humanity of Jesus - Matt 15:3 part 3 (June 9, 2013)countrysidebiblechurch00:35:48180 views
- What happens when we die? Matt. 15:3 part 2 (June 2, 2013...countrysidebiblechurch00:31:43245 views