Crisis in Kenya: Video Diary Day Four - Today's Christian Videos
Embed operationblessing1 2414 views 2008-03-17T00:00:00 Part 4 of David Darg's video diary during Kenya's Ethnic Crisis 2008. "This crisis is much more than angry party supporters fighting over a disputed election," said David Darg, Operation Blessing's deputy director of international programs, who is on the ground in Kenya. "The election was just the straw that broke the camel's back and years of ethnic tensions have surfaced." In addition to food, blankets, mattresses, sanitation kits, clothes, medication and utensil kits, relief efforts will also include trauma counseling for families. "Many families have lost their homes and possessions to looters and will face uncertain economic futures," Darg said. "This, coupled with the current violence, has left many people in need of counseling." For Kenya to recover from this crisis, security first needs to be restored. But then there is a deeper issue of healing. OBI is working with IAS on a program to train trauma counselors and place them in 100 villages throughout the Rift Valley. This program of providing relief and counseling is aimed at helping this crisis from worsening and helping Kenya to regain itself. Please pray for the people in Kenya.
More Today's Christian Videos
- Powerful Story About Music Brings A News Anchor To TearsInspirational Videos
- ‘Holy Spirit’ – Awe-Inspiring Kari Jobe Hit Will Move YouMusic Videos
- This Beautiful Version of Psalm 23 Had Me in TearsInspirational Videos
- ‘Where I Am Right Now’ – Powerful Worship Song Will BLOW You AwayMusic Videos
- Loving Husband Shows Blind Devotion To Wife After She Loses Her SightInspirational Videos
- Talented Group Gives Irish Dance A Modern MakeoverMusic Videos
- Skit Guys - Psalms for Lent: 1st SundayMinistry Videos
- Easter Version of ‘Hallelujah’ Will Give You ChillsMusic Videos
- Social Experiment Shows How Appearance Changes The Way We Are TreatedInspirational Videos
- ‘This I Know’ – Inspiring NEW Song From CrowderMusic Videos
- BibleStudyTools.com: This Powerful Video of the "Love Chapter" Gave Me ChillsInspirational Videos
- Shout Out ‘We BELIEVE’ With This Praise-Worthy Newsboys HitMusic Videos
No playlists found for this account.