From the beginning of time, it has been said that God is good. He is good to us in so many ways. God loves us unconditionally and is always listening to our thoughts and prayers. He keeps us from harm. God's goodness to us is visible on a daily basis, in both the big and little things in our lives.
He is also good to us in other ways, although we may not always see it. There are many times we pray for a job promotion or a relationship or another circumstance to go the way we want. However, sometimes we don’t get the answers we want. It can be frustrating at times, but we should not be dismayed. God knows what’s good for us and when we don’t get what we want it is often a blessing in disguise. Sometimes the timing isn’t right, and other times it’s just not meant to be. Regardless, our Father knows what is best for us better than anyone. Instead of being upset, we should be grateful because our God is good.
Powerful Bible Verses about God’s Goodness
1. “For you are God, O Sovereign Lord. Your words are truth, and you have promised these good things to your servant.” 2 Samuel 7:28
2. “Truly God is good to Israel, to those whose hearts are pure.” Psalm 73:1
3. “But as for me, how good is it to be near God! I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.” Psalm 73:28
4. “For the Lord our God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.” Psalm 84:11
5. “Do what is good and run from evil so that you may live! Then the LORD God of Heaven’s Armies will be your helper, just as you have claimed.” Amos 5:14
6. “No, O people, the LORD has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
7. “But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.” Acts 20:24
8. “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” Romans 12:2
9. “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.” Philippians 2:13
10. “And don’t forget to do good and to share with those in need. These are the sacrifices that please God.” Hebrews 13:16
11. “It is God’s will that your honorable lives should silence those ignorant people who make foolish accusations against you.” 1 Peter 2:15
12. “Remember, it is better to suffer for doing good, if that is what God wants, than to suffer for doing wrong!” 1 Peter 3:17
13. “Dear friend, don’t let this bad example influence you. Follow only what is good. Remember that those who do good prove that they are God’s children, and those who do evil prove that they do not know God.” John 1:11
Encouraging Quotes from Influencers about God’s Goodness, Character & Plan
14. “God spared my life not so that I could live for me but so that I could just give everything to Him. You know, God's not asking for much. He's asking you to give up something you were never created to be so that you can become who he says you are. It's really not that much. I mean, Mercy woke us up today so that Love gave us one more day to manifest Him and not us.” - Todd White
15. “We can see hope in the midst of hopelessness. We can see peace in the midst of chaos. We have a hope that the world does not have. We can see clearly that all things work together for the good of them that love Him and are called according to His purpose.” -Priscilla Shirer
16. “God's Word had the power to light our way and to clear the debris that had covered the path so we can walk in it.” - Lisa Bevere, Girls With Swords: How to Carry Your Cross Like A Hero
17. “Reading God’s Word and meditating on its truth will have a purifying effect upon your mind and heart, and will be demonstrated in your life. Let nothing take the place of this daily privilege.” - Billy Graham, The Heaven Answer Book
18. “There is not a single thing that Jesus cannot change, control, and conquer because he is the living Lord.” - Franklin Graham
19. “Trusting God completely means having faith that He knows what is best for your life. You expect Him to keep His promises, help you with problems, and do the impossible when necessary.” - Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life
20. “God knows what you need. He knows what is best for you—including in what quantity. The fact is, we can live with very little, but we can never truly live without God. He is what we need first, foremost, and always. He is the only one whom we truly can’t do without!” - Charles Stanley, The Blessings Of Brokenness
21. “God is God. He knows what he is doing. When you can’t trace his hand, trust his heart.” - Max Lucado, Grace for the Moment
22. “The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” - C.S. Lewis
23. “God is sovereign. He does things His way. He’s not a genie in a lamp that submits to your every wish. But He does love you and desires an intimate relationship with you. And a thriving walk with Him doesn’t happen apart from prayer.” - Alex Kendrick, The Love Dare
24. “You have to leave room for God's grace. Perfect is God's job.” - Karen Kingsbury
25. “Every time you make a decision to be less than what God wants for you, you're denying yourself some of God's blessings. It's up to you. You can live a life with God's blessings, or just exist with all the consequences of choosing wrong.” - Terri Blackstock
Trusting in God’s plan for our lives and that his goodness will be evident in every circumstance is essential in our lives. We navigate a harsh world where more often than not, doing good does not prevail. By trusting him, it is easier to see his goodness in both the big and small things, which enriches our lives every day.
Carrie Lowrance is an author and writer. Her work has been published on Huffington Post, Bon Bon Break, The Penny Hoarder, etc. She is also the author of two children’s books, Don’t Eat Your Boogers (You’ll Turn Green) and Brock’s Bad Temper (And The Time Machine). She writes her own childcare and author blog at www.carrielowrance.com.
This article is part of our inspiring quotes series. Please pass along any quotes that touch your heart because you never know the light you may shine on someone else’s dark day! Explore more quotes below:
photo credit: unsplash.com/ Simon Matzinger