nexteducation's Video ChannelLast Updated 2013-03-04T01:09:13
Class6,Science,Motion And Measurement of Distances,Transportation and Distances
Before the invention of the wheel, the only means of transportation was walking. For transporting goods, people used animals like donkeys, horses, mules, elephants, oxen, sled dogs, and even bison. Boats were also used as a means of transportation on water. The earliest boats were simple logs of wood with a hollow cavity.
The oldest wheel was discovered in Mesopotamia, and is believed to be over 5,500 years old. Fixed wheels for carts were invented around 3500 BC, according to some historians. After the invention of the wheel, man started using animals to pull vehicles that moved on wheels, and thus, bullock carts and chariots came into existence. Till the 19th century, most forms of transport used only animals.
351 viewsView comments, related videos & more
- Class6,Science,Motion And Measurement of Distances,Transp...nexteducation00:18:14351 views
- Class7_Science_Electric Current and its Effects_Electric ...nexteducation00:10:33166 views
- Class6,Maths,Fractions,Comparing Fractionsnexteducation00:15:04489 views
- Class6,Maths,Ratios and Proportions,Ratiosnexteducation00:19:16434 views
- Class7_Science_Electric Current and its Effects_Electric ...nexteducation00:10:33200 views
- Class7_Science_Respiration in Organisms_Respirationnexteducation00:07:09116 views
- Class8_Science_Metals and Non-Metals_Metalsnexteducation00:11:53155 views
- Class7_Maths_Rational Numbers_Introduction to Rational Nu...nexteducation00:17:42504 views
- Class7_Science_Acids, Bases and Salts_Indicatorsnexteducation00:11:1092 views
- Class7_Maths_Perimeter and Area_Plane figuresnexteducation00:19:03116 views
- Class8_Science_Cell-Structure and Functions_Introduction ...nexteducation00:17:04133 views