nexteducation's Video ChannelLast Updated 2013-03-04T01:09:13
Class6,Science,Motion And Measurement of Distances,Transportation and Distances
Before the invention of the wheel, the only means of transportation was walking. For transporting goods, people used animals like donkeys, horses, mules, elephants, oxen, sled dogs, and even bison. Boats were also used as a means of transportation on water. The earliest boats were simple logs of wood with a hollow cavity.
The oldest wheel was discovered in Mesopotamia, and is believed to be over 5,500 years old. Fixed wheels for carts were invented around 3500 BC, according to some historians. After the invention of the wheel, man started using animals to pull vehicles that moved on wheels, and thus, bullock carts and chariots came into existence. Till the 19th century, most forms of transport used only animals.
185 viewsView comments, related videos & more
- Class6,Science,Motion And Measurement of Distances,Transp...nexteducation00:18:14185 views
- Class7_Science_Electric Current and its Effects_Electric ...nexteducation00:10:3380 views
- Class6,Maths,Fractions,Comparing Fractionsnexteducation00:15:04292 views
- Class6,Maths,Ratios and Proportions,Ratiosnexteducation00:19:16230 views
- Class7_Science_Electric Current and its Effects_Electric ...nexteducation00:10:3384 views
- Class7_Science_Respiration in Organisms_Respirationnexteducation00:07:0946 views
- Class8_Science_Metals and Non-Metals_Metalsnexteducation00:11:5378 views
- Class7_Maths_Rational Numbers_Introduction to Rational Nu...nexteducation00:17:42274 views
- Class7_Science_Acids, Bases and Salts_Indicatorsnexteducation00:11:1037 views
- Class7_Maths_Perimeter and Area_Plane figuresnexteducation00:19:0342 views
- Class8_Science_Cell-Structure and Functions_Introduction ...nexteducation00:17:0469 views