nexteducation's Video ChannelLast Updated 2013-03-04T01:09:13
Class6,Science,Motion And Measurement of Distances,Transportation and Distances
Before the invention of the wheel, the only means of transportation was walking. For transporting goods, people used animals like donkeys, horses, mules, elephants, oxen, sled dogs, and even bison. Boats were also used as a means of transportation on water. The earliest boats were simple logs of wood with a hollow cavity.
The oldest wheel was discovered in Mesopotamia, and is believed to be over 5,500 years old. Fixed wheels for carts were invented around 3500 BC, according to some historians. After the invention of the wheel, man started using animals to pull vehicles that moved on wheels, and thus, bullock carts and chariots came into existence. Till the 19th century, most forms of transport used only animals.
16 viewsView comments, related videos & more
- Class6,Science,Motion And Measurement of Distances,Transp...nexteducation00:18:1416 views
- Class7_Science_Electric Current and its Effects_Electric ...nexteducation00:10:337 views
- Class6,Maths,Fractions,Comparing Fractionsnexteducation00:15:0425 views
- Class6,Maths,Ratios and Proportions,Ratiosnexteducation00:19:1641 views
- Class7_Science_Electric Current and its Effects_Electric ...nexteducation00:10:333 views
- Class7_Science_Respiration in Organisms_Respirationnexteducation00:07:092 views
- Class8_Science_Metals and Non-Metals_Metalsnexteducation00:11:535 views
- Class7_Maths_Rational Numbers_Introduction to Rational Nu...nexteducation00:17:4258 views
- Class7_Science_Acids, Bases and Salts_Indicatorsnexteducation00:11:103 views
- Class7_Maths_Perimeter and Area_Plane figuresnexteducation00:19:03 views
- Class8_Science_Cell-Structure and Functions_Introduction ...nexteducation00:17:049 views