nexteducation's Video ChannelLast Updated 2013-03-04T01:09:13
Class6,Science,Motion And Measurement of Distances,Transportation and Distances
Before the invention of the wheel, the only means of transportation was walking. For transporting goods, people used animals like donkeys, horses, mules, elephants, oxen, sled dogs, and even bison. Boats were also used as a means of transportation on water. The earliest boats were simple logs of wood with a hollow cavity.
The oldest wheel was discovered in Mesopotamia, and is believed to be over 5,500 years old. Fixed wheels for carts were invented around 3500 BC, according to some historians. After the invention of the wheel, man started using animals to pull vehicles that moved on wheels, and thus, bullock carts and chariots came into existence. Till the 19th century, most forms of transport used only animals.
393 viewsView comments, related videos & more
- Class6,Science,Motion And Measurement of Distances,Transp...nexteducation00:18:14393 views
- Class7_Science_Electric Current and its Effects_Electric ...nexteducation00:10:33190 views
- Class6,Maths,Fractions,Comparing Fractionsnexteducation00:15:04545 views
- Class6,Maths,Ratios and Proportions,Ratiosnexteducation00:19:16491 views
- Class7_Science_Electric Current and its Effects_Electric ...nexteducation00:10:33234 views
- Class7_Science_Respiration in Organisms_Respirationnexteducation00:07:09133 views
- Class8_Science_Metals and Non-Metals_Metalsnexteducation00:11:53172 views
- Class7_Maths_Rational Numbers_Introduction to Rational Nu...nexteducation00:17:42564 views
- Class7_Science_Acids, Bases and Salts_Indicatorsnexteducation00:11:10112 views
- Class7_Maths_Perimeter and Area_Plane figuresnexteducation00:19:03136 views
- Class8_Science_Cell-Structure and Functions_Introduction ...nexteducation00:17:04155 views