nexteducation's Video ChannelLast Updated 2013-03-04T01:09:13
Class6,Science,Motion And Measurement of Distances,Transportation and Distances
Before the invention of the wheel, the only means of transportation was walking. For transporting goods, people used animals like donkeys, horses, mules, elephants, oxen, sled dogs, and even bison. Boats were also used as a means of transportation on water. The earliest boats were simple logs of wood with a hollow cavity.
The oldest wheel was discovered in Mesopotamia, and is believed to be over 5,500 years old. Fixed wheels for carts were invented around 3500 BC, according to some historians. After the invention of the wheel, man started using animals to pull vehicles that moved on wheels, and thus, bullock carts and chariots came into existence. Till the 19th century, most forms of transport used only animals.
112 viewsView comments, related videos & more
- Class6,Science,Motion And Measurement of Distances,Transp...nexteducation00:18:14112 views
- Class7_Science_Electric Current and its Effects_Electric ...nexteducation00:10:3349 views
- Class6,Maths,Fractions,Comparing Fractionsnexteducation00:15:04206 views
- Class6,Maths,Ratios and Proportions,Ratiosnexteducation00:19:16171 views
- Class7_Science_Electric Current and its Effects_Electric ...nexteducation00:10:3353 views
- Class7_Science_Respiration in Organisms_Respirationnexteducation00:07:0919 views
- Class8_Science_Metals and Non-Metals_Metalsnexteducation00:11:5353 views
- Class7_Maths_Rational Numbers_Introduction to Rational Nu...nexteducation00:17:42194 views
- Class7_Science_Acids, Bases and Salts_Indicatorsnexteducation00:11:1025 views
- Class7_Maths_Perimeter and Area_Plane figuresnexteducation00:19:0330 views
- Class8_Science_Cell-Structure and Functions_Introduction ...nexteducation00:17:0452 views