Episode 8: Living Beyond OurselvesSeptember 1, 2020 ● 31 min
Share this episode
Chronic illness can make us feel as if our world has shrunk, and maybe in many ways, it has. But that doesn’t mean God can’t and won’t use us. In fact, our illness might lead to our greatest ministry. Two-time stroke survivor Sarah Conaway’s life changed dramatically after her stroke. She had to relearn how to walk and speak, while also dealing with lupus. But she stepped out before she saw where God was leading.
1. What has God been saying to you lately regarding your chronic illness?
2. Do you sense a prick in your heart that might indicate God’s leading?
3. What are some lies about your disability or illness that hinder you from fully living out what God is calling you to?
4. What are some ways your illness has shifted your sense of identity?
5. Think of an area God has been nudging you in, but that you’ve resisted. What makes obedience hard?
6. What is one way you can live beyond yourself, finding a way to love others, this week?
7. We receive guidance through our intimacy in Christ. What is one way you can grow closer to Christ this week?
Chronic Illness Resources:
Visit Sarah’s ministry, Stromies, online at https://stromies.com/, connect with her and her ministry on https://www.facebook.com/stromies/ and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/three_stromies/.
Visit Jennifer online at http://jenniferslatterylivesoutloud.com, find her ministry at http://whollyloved.com.
Episode Image Credit: Getty/SaimonSailent
An Advent Prayer for Hope - Your Daily Prayer - November 27
Today as we pray through the first candle, hope, may we be reminded of the fulfilled promise of Jesus as the Messiah long awaited by the people of God.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
9 Famous Christian Actors: You May Be Surprised!
Hollywood is a place that you would not typically identify with the Christian faith. There are many more films and actors or actresses that do not exemplify good morals and character. However, there are actors that do live by faith. Here is my list of nine well known or famous actors that are Christian. There are many other actors that are lesser known that are Christian but we will save those for another article. These nine actors are Christians. Some are not as public with their faith as others but these are all actors that have testified to Jesus as their Lord and Savior.