Episode 8: Living Beyond OurselvesSeptember 01, 2020 ● 31 min
Share this episode
Chronic illness can make us feel as if our world has shrunk, and maybe in many ways, it has. But that doesn’t mean God can’t and won’t use us. In fact, our illness might lead to our greatest ministry. Two-time stroke survivor Sarah Conaway’s life changed dramatically after her stroke. She had to relearn how to walk and speak, while also dealing with lupus. But she stepped out before she saw where God was leading.
1. What has God been saying to you lately regarding your chronic illness?
2. Do you sense a prick in your heart that might indicate God’s leading?
3. What are some lies about your disability or illness that hinder you from fully living out what God is calling you to?
4. What are some ways your illness has shifted your sense of identity?
5. Think of an area God has been nudging you in, but that you’ve resisted. What makes obedience hard?
6. What is one way you can live beyond yourself, finding a way to love others, this week?
7. We receive guidance through our intimacy in Christ. What is one way you can grow closer to Christ this week?
Chronic Illness Resources:
Visit Sarah’s ministry, Stromies, online at https://stromies.com/, connect with her and her ministry on https://www.facebook.com/stromies/ and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/three_stromies/.
Visit Jennifer online at http://jenniferslatterylivesoutloud.com, find her ministry at http://whollyloved.com.
Episode Image Credit: Getty/SaimonSailent
A Prayer for When Getting What You Wanted Wasn’t Enough - Your Daily Prayer - November 28
Something God has been teaching me (the hard way!) is that there is no dream that is deeply fulfilling outside of Him.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
Top Ten Christian Songs For Encouragement
Every once in a while there comes a day that jut knocks you off your feet a little. The world starts spinning faster than you can move and suddenly you find yourself on the floor. That’s the perfect place to look up to the God who will pick you up, brush you off and give you the loving push you need to get back on your feet. The songs below are reminders that there is nothing you can’t do when you reach for His hand. Hope they can give you a lift today.