Episode 8: Living Beyond OurselvesSeptember 01, 2020 ● 31 min
Share this episode
Chronic illness can make us feel as if our world has shrunk, and maybe in many ways, it has. But that doesn’t mean God can’t and won’t use us. In fact, our illness might lead to our greatest ministry. Two-time stroke survivor Sarah Conaway’s life changed dramatically after her stroke. She had to relearn how to walk and speak, while also dealing with lupus. But she stepped out before she saw where God was leading.
1. What has God been saying to you lately regarding your chronic illness?
2. Do you sense a prick in your heart that might indicate God’s leading?
3. What are some lies about your disability or illness that hinder you from fully living out what God is calling you to?
4. What are some ways your illness has shifted your sense of identity?
5. Think of an area God has been nudging you in, but that you’ve resisted. What makes obedience hard?
6. What is one way you can live beyond yourself, finding a way to love others, this week?
7. We receive guidance through our intimacy in Christ. What is one way you can grow closer to Christ this week?
Chronic Illness Resources:
Visit Sarah’s ministry, Stromies, online at https://stromies.com/, connect with her and her ministry on https://www.facebook.com/stromies/ and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/three_stromies/.
Visit Jennifer online at http://jenniferslatterylivesoutloud.com, find her ministry at http://whollyloved.com.
Episode Image Credit: Getty/SaimonSailent
A Prayer to Put Jesus First This Christmas Season - Your Daily Prayer - December 1In a world that seeks to crowd Jesus out, where busyness abounds, and hearts are stirred to focus on other things, it can be hard sometimes to choose to keep Him first.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
10 Amazing Hymns Perfect for Thanksgiving Day
Sing praises and give thanks to God this Thanksgiving Day with these 10 amazing hymns. Discover hymns perfect for expressing your gratitude for life and the blessings of family and love as we gather together for the amazing tradition of Thanksgiving. May these hymns warm your heart and remind you of the glory of God this holiday!