Episode 9: Pursuing Health in Our RelationshipsSeptember 7, 2020 ● 30 min
Share this episode
In this episode, host Jennifer Slattery and her daughter Ashley talk about all the ways Jennifer’s chronic illness impacted their family, how they processed all the changes, and how God brought them to a place of emotional healing.
You can listen to Jennifer and Ashley's episode of Faith over Fear, The Courage to Thrive with Anixety
Group Discussion Questions:
1. How has your illness impacted some of your closest relationships?
2. In what ways might your friends and/or loved ones be in a state of grieving due to your illness?
3. Have you and your friends and/or loved ones been able to have healthy conversations regarding your illness and how it impacts you and others?
4. Consider some of the outward reactions your friends and loved ones have, especially in relation to your illness (or conversations surrounding it). How might those reactions point to deeper pain?
5. How can we allow others to grieve and wrestle through their own emotions related to our illness without owning those emotions?
6. Why is it important to circle back, after an argument or relational conflict to get to the root cause?
7. What are some ways you can facilitate healthy conversation regarding your illness?
8. Has your illness become the center of your attention? If so, how can you begin to shift your focus onto others and cultivate a genuine interest in their lives?
9. Has your illness become the center of your family’s or friends’ attentions? And if so, what are some steps you can take to create a healthier emotional give-and-take?
10. When might counseling be helpful?
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Ponomariova_Maria
A Prayer for Truth This Christmas - Your Daily Prayer - December 2
Nothing could ever take away the Truth of Christmas. Jesus is the Truth. He was born on earth as a gift to us. It’s the greatest love story of all time. Let’s pray to fully embrace Him this Christmas.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
Top 20 Bible Verses for Trusting God When You Need Answers
There are times we can only trust in God for comfort and strength during stressful events in our life. Moments when we don’t know what’s going to happen and must place our faith in God to answer our prayers. Here are 20 Bible verses for trusting God that we hope will inspire you!