Episode 7: When God Doesn't HealAugust 25, 2020 ● 30 min
Share this episode
Jennifer Slattery understands what that feels like. She’s prayed for healing for herself and others. She’s seen God’s miraculous works, but she’s also seen numerous prayers go unanswered. In both, she discovered key truths about God she hopes will encourage you in your journey.
1. Have you ever felt as if your prayers went unanswered? If so, how did you respond?
2. Has anyone told you, or insinuated, that God would heal you, if only you had more faith?
3. How can an expectation of healing distort our view of God?
4. How can an expectation of healing indicate we’ve begun to overestimate our wisdom and perception?
5. How can an expectation of healing over-emphasize our experiences or time on earth?
6. Does God always respond as we think best? Explain.
7. Have you witnessed a miracle? If so, share.
8. In what ways has God been glorified through your experiences?
9. What do you think God’s greatest priority for you is?
10. How does knowing God’s faithfulness isn’t dependent on ours encourage you?
Visit Jennifer online at http://jenniferslatterylivesoutloud.com, find her ministry at http://whollyloved.com, and connect with her on Facebook and Instagram.
Episode Image Credit: Getty/image_jungle
A Prayer to Put Jesus First This Christmas Season - Your Daily Prayer - December 1In a world that seeks to crowd Jesus out, where busyness abounds, and hearts are stirred to focus on other things, it can be hard sometimes to choose to keep Him first.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
24 Powerful Quotes About Forgiveness to Encourage Compassion
To truly live by the Word of the Lord, we must learn to forgive others and forgive ourselves. Through His goodness and grace, God forgives all of our earthly sins unconditionally when we seek redemption. We do not deserve His grace and cannot do anything to be worthy. But the least we can do is treat others with the same compassion.
We can improve ourselves individually and better ourselves as God's people by learning to love and forgive as God does for us. Sometimes, forgiveness is not as easy as it sounds so here are some powerful quotes about forgiveness.