Helping Your Gen-Z Child Work through Anxiety and TraumaFebruary 24, 2021 ● 30 min
Share this episode
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
• The difference between “Big T” and “little t” trauma
• Secondary trauma, or compassion fatigue. This happens when we bear witness to the traumas of others. This is mostly present in adulthood, but children can experience this, especially in the Internet age.
• How can I tell if my child is experiencing trauma?
• What is the difference between experiencing trauma and being traumatized?
• How can parents who are traumatized help their children navigate their own trauma?
• How our bodies experience trauma and how we can help our children navigate symptoms in their bodies
• What is resilience and the formula for each child’s unique resilience
• Attunement – what it is and why we need this skill in order to attend to our children
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
For a list of ways to take care of ourselves and each other, go to Patria’s website, TheBrokenandBeautiful.com
The more on the work of healing: The Allender Center
The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel Van Der Kolk, MD
Faith and Healing Amid Turmoil by Robrenna
Check out these Podcasts:
Your Daily Prayer - A Prayer for When You Are Anxious
Breathe: The Stress Less Podcast
Website | Instagram
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Elena_Zlatomrezova
A Prayer for God’s Strength When You’re Running on Empty - Your Daily Prayer - September 24
The Lord is glorified in our weakness.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.