Checking In with MamaMarch 10, 2021 ● 13 min
Share this episode
We all know the saying, ‘If Mama’s not happy, no one’s happy.” That’s because moms have the unique ability to set the temperature of the home. Often, what she’s feeling directly impacts the feelings of those around her. Is your house cold right now, or warm?
Today, Robrenna takes your temperature to see how you’re doing mentally, physically, and spiritually.
What We Talk about This Week -
1. The power of deep, slow breathing. Adding prayer to that deep breathing can calm us.
2. Check out the Abide Bible App for mindful, God-centered meditation.
3. The why and how of journaling to shift through emotions.
4. How our adrenal system can compound our anxiety
5. The benefits of crying to help you move out of anxious, overwhelming thoughts
6. Make time - even just 15 minutes a week - doing something that brings you joy.
7. Jesus’ directly told us to rest and pray - are we following that command?
8. When you prioritize taking care of yourself, you are teaching your children to do the same.
Resources to Help You:
WebMD for ideas on how to recharge
Abide Bible Meditation App sign up for the free version
My Life App
Dr. Carolyn LeafDr. Carolyn Leaf
Website | Instagram
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Elena_Zlatomrezova
A Prayer to Encounter the Power of God - Your Daily Prayer - April 23
What a mighty God we serve!
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.