Love Psalms: Psalm 6 - A PleaFebruary 15, 2021 ● 18 min
Share this episode
This is the second episode in our Love Psalms series. Here is the first episode.
If you are in a season of discouragement, loss, or grief, come study Psalm 6 with us.
Discussed This Week:
• Have you accepted that trouble and suffering is a part of this world, not the exception but the rule?
• Other Psalms of lament: 8, 12, 32, 38, 46, 51, 102, 130
• One of Nicole’s favorite definition of mercy: “God’s affection set on relieving our affliction”
• Even if we have brought grief on ourselves, like David has in Psalm 6, we can still cry out for mercy.
• Does God punish us for our sin? (Yes, according to 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8.) Nicole explains how with grace, the penalty for our sin is removed and we can have right standing with God. But grace does not mean that if we go on sinning that we do not receive consequences.
• How do we handle it when God doesn’t seem to come to our aid?
• The confident turn in Psalm 6 that shows us in the midst of suffering we can have confident hope in who God is.
• Three questions: Do I need to repent of something in my life? Do I need to have confidence in my grief in sorrow? Do I need to believe that God has heard my cry?
Her Site | Facebook | Instagram
Episode Image Credit: Getty/izumikobayashi
A Prayer for a New Home - Your Daily Prayer - June 17
In the midst of so much change, one thing in our lives never will change: our salvation in Christ.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.