Love Psalms: Psalm 40 - A PrayerFebruary 22, 2021 ● 20 min
Share this episode
This is the third episode in our Love Psalms series. Here is the first episode, and here is the second.
What Nicole Covers in This Episode:
• How to dig into large sections of Scripture at a time
• In this honest prayer, what is David asking, what is he declaring? How can we take that framework and apply it to the way we pray?
• What is the backstory and how does that information help us understand it?
• Where else do these verses show up in Scripture? (Hebrews 10, Matthew 5:3)
• Takeaway Principle 1: To praise God is to remember. We can call on the promises of God in confidence, even when we are in a place of trouble. There is a trust we are cultivating with God when we choose to praise and remember who he is.
• Takeaway Principle 2: The attitude of the heart is more important than any other offering (cf. Matthew 15:8; Isaiah 29:13)
• Which of these aspects of prayer do you want to commit to today?
Are you looking to get more out of your time studying the Bible? Or maybe you're ready to finally start building a consistent, daily quiet time with the Lord? If that sounds like you, then Nicole would like to personally invite you to join her Help! My Bible is Alive FREE 30-Day Challenge. To sign up, head over to https://nicoleunice.com/bible
Her Site | Facebook | Instagram
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Overearth
A Prayer for the Toxic People in Your Life - Your Daily Prayer - October 23
God created those who hurt us. He has a good plan for their lives.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
30 Inspiring Quotes About Strength To Encourage And Empower
Whether they’re tragedies or just small inconveniences, setbacks in life that make us feel weak will always happen. Difficulties can break us and sometimes even make us question our faith. In those times, it’s important to remember that with God on our side, we have the strength to get through anything. He would not put us in front of something we couldn’t handle. We must honor God’s sacrifice of His only Son and find strength within ourselves to persevere.
Here are 30 quotes to bring you strength!