The Courage to Share Your Story – Ep. 58June 15, 2021 ● 31 min
Share this episode
Many times, they directly related to our calling as well. But to share them, we might need to risk vulnerability and rejection. Yet, God’s focus isn’t only on whoever might hear about our struggles and our pasts. He’s focused on bringing us to a place of increased healing and deeper relational connection as well. Shame leads to hiding which leads to more shame and increased isolation. There’s joy and peace in living totally free.
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Find Wholly Loved, at:
Becoming His Princess Bible Study by Wholly Loved Ministries
Group Discussion Questions:
1. Why do you think hiding our pasts tends to increase our shame?
2. In what ways can hiding our pasts lead to increased isolation?
3. In what ways can sharing our past with safe people help bring healing?
4. How can a person determine who is safe to share their story with?
5. Think of testimonies shared by others that deeply impacted you. What was it about their story you found most touching, thought-provoking, or inspirational?
6. In what ways does or can our story reveal the power of the gospel?
7. In today’s episode, Jennifer shared how one person’s casual statement regarding children with alcoholic fathers hindered a woman’s willingness to share her story. When has a similar situation affected you in a similar manner?
8. What are some reasons why God might not want us to share certain parts of our story?
9. What are some ways you can create safe spaces for others to share their stories?
10. What is God calling you to do after listening to today’s episode?
Episode Image Credit: getty/MargaretW
A Prayer of Repentance for Angry Words - Your Daily Prayer - October 27
We do not have to give into the temptation to allow anger to fuel hurtful or hate-filled words.
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.
25 Inspirational Honesty Quotes for Self-Improvement
Honesty is a key aspect of all successful and healthy relationships. Whether trying to be truthful with yourself or others, honesty isn't always the easy option. But as followers of Christ, we must strive to lead a genuine life in His image. Dishonesty with yourself can affect your relationships with others and with God. Sharing lies with your brothers and sisters wrongs them. With strength from God, we can ward off the evils spread through dishonesty.
Here are 25 quotes about honesty to help inspire you to become a better, more truthful version of yourself.