The Courage to Share Your Story – Ep. 58June 15, 2021 ● 31 min
Share this episode
Many times, they directly related to our calling as well. But to share them, we might need to risk vulnerability and rejection. Yet, God’s focus isn’t only on whoever might hear about our struggles and our pasts. He’s focused on bringing us to a place of increased healing and deeper relational connection as well. Shame leads to hiding which leads to more shame and increased isolation. There’s joy and peace in living totally free.
Find Jennifer Slattery at:
Find Wholly Loved, at:
Becoming His Princess Bible Study by Wholly Loved Ministries
Group Discussion Questions:
1. Why do you think hiding our pasts tends to increase our shame?
2. In what ways can hiding our pasts lead to increased isolation?
3. In what ways can sharing our past with safe people help bring healing?
4. How can a person determine who is safe to share their story with?
5. Think of testimonies shared by others that deeply impacted you. What was it about their story you found most touching, thought-provoking, or inspirational?
6. In what ways does or can our story reveal the power of the gospel?
7. In today’s episode, Jennifer shared how one person’s casual statement regarding children with alcoholic fathers hindered a woman’s willingness to share her story. When has a similar situation affected you in a similar manner?
8. What are some reasons why God might not want us to share certain parts of our story?
9. What are some ways you can create safe spaces for others to share their stories?
10. What is God calling you to do after listening to today’s episode?
Episode Image Credit: getty/MargaretW
A Prayer to Change the Way You Think.- Your Daily Prayer - September 24
The world is bent to “self,” but we are called to be selfless. Through the power of the Holy Spirit living in every single one of us who believes in Christ Jesus as our Savior, we have infinite power to transform and renew our minds. God wouldn’t have put in Scripture for us to digest if it was impossible. And look at the reward for our discipline and obedience to transform and renew our minds …because it takes work!
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.