Finding RefugeWhat does it mean for God to be your true refuge?
Top Christian Music Videos
Forget The Devil?
1 Peter 5:8
Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be ableto stand firm against all
strategies of the devil (Ephesians 6:11).
Martyn Lloyd-Jones once said: “I am certain that
one of the main causes of the ill state of the
church today is the fact that the devil is being
forgotten. We have become so psychological in our
attitude and thinking. We are ignorant of this great
objective fact—the being, the existence of the devil, the
adversary, the accuser.”
While we shouldn’t be overly interested in Satan, we
do need to be aware of the way he works as the enemy
of God. The Bible reveals who he is and what he does.
Who is Satan?
• The Preventer. One of Satan’s jobs is to prevent
unbelievers from believing in Jesus. He does this by
veiling their eyes so they can’t understand all God has
done for them in Jesus (2 Corinthians 4:4).
• The Instigator. Behind every murderous heart and
lying tongue is the evil influence of the enemy. For he
was a murderer from the beginning and he has no truth
in him at all (John 8:44).
• The Destroyer. He seeks to completely ruin the life
and influence of the followers of Jesus (1 Peter 5:8-9).
• The Accuser. When believers sin, he tries to
make them feel guilty by accusing them before God
• The Deceiver. He tries to cause people to be mistaken
about God and wander through life aimlessly (v.9).
We can resist and defeat the dark forces of Satan by . . . standing firm in the
One who crushed his head at Calvary; being aware of his schemes (Ephesians
6:10-11; 1 Peter 5:8); using the Word of God (Matthew 4:1-11); putting on the
whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-17); getting closer to God (James 4:7);
and praying in the power of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 6:18).
In what ways has Satan tried to influence you lately? What area(s) of
your spiritual life do you need to shore up so you can be stronger in your
stand against him?
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more
- No Longer Lost - Where have you seen God’s love and mercy in your life?...read more
- Grace that Motivates - How can we avoid the temptation to try and earn God’s approval by doing good deeds?...read more
- Two-Winged Sun - What Scriptures inspire you today?...read more