The Job ParadoxWhen have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?
Top Music Videos
Forget The Devil?
1 Peter 5:8
Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be ableto stand firm against all
strategies of the devil (Ephesians 6:11).
Martyn Lloyd-Jones once said: “I am certain that
one of the main causes of the ill state of the
church today is the fact that the devil is being
forgotten. We have become so psychological in our
attitude and thinking. We are ignorant of this great
objective fact—the being, the existence of the devil, the
adversary, the accuser.”
While we shouldn’t be overly interested in Satan, we
do need to be aware of the way he works as the enemy
of God. The Bible reveals who he is and what he does.
Who is Satan?
• The Preventer. One of Satan’s jobs is to prevent
unbelievers from believing in Jesus. He does this by
veiling their eyes so they can’t understand all God has
done for them in Jesus (2 Corinthians 4:4).
• The Instigator. Behind every murderous heart and
lying tongue is the evil influence of the enemy. For he
was a murderer from the beginning and he has no truth
in him at all (John 8:44).
• The Destroyer. He seeks to completely ruin the life
and influence of the followers of Jesus (1 Peter 5:8-9).
• The Accuser. When believers sin, he tries to
make them feel guilty by accusing them before God
• The Deceiver. He tries to cause people to be mistaken
about God and wander through life aimlessly (v.9).
We can resist and defeat the dark forces of Satan by . . . standing firm in the
One who crushed his head at Calvary; being aware of his schemes (Ephesians
6:10-11; 1 Peter 5:8); using the Word of God (Matthew 4:1-11); putting on the
whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-17); getting closer to God (James 4:7);
and praying in the power of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 6:18).
In what ways has Satan tried to influence you lately? What area(s) of
your spiritual life do you need to shore up so you can be stronger in your
stand against him?
- The Job Paradox - When have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?...read more
- Begging the Question? - Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?...read more
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more