The Ultimate SourceGod’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways.
Top Christian Music Videos
Forget The Devil?
1 Peter 5:8
Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be ableto stand firm against all
strategies of the devil (Ephesians 6:11).
Martyn Lloyd-Jones once said: “I am certain that
one of the main causes of the ill state of the
church today is the fact that the devil is being
forgotten. We have become so psychological in our
attitude and thinking. We are ignorant of this great
objective fact—the being, the existence of the devil, the
adversary, the accuser.”
While we shouldn’t be overly interested in Satan, we
do need to be aware of the way he works as the enemy
of God. The Bible reveals who he is and what he does.
Who is Satan?
• The Preventer. One of Satan’s jobs is to prevent
unbelievers from believing in Jesus. He does this by
veiling their eyes so they can’t understand all God has
done for them in Jesus (2 Corinthians 4:4).
• The Instigator. Behind every murderous heart and
lying tongue is the evil influence of the enemy. For he
was a murderer from the beginning and he has no truth
in him at all (John 8:44).
• The Destroyer. He seeks to completely ruin the life
and influence of the followers of Jesus (1 Peter 5:8-9).
• The Accuser. When believers sin, he tries to
make them feel guilty by accusing them before God
• The Deceiver. He tries to cause people to be mistaken
about God and wander through life aimlessly (v.9).
We can resist and defeat the dark forces of Satan by . . . standing firm in the
One who crushed his head at Calvary; being aware of his schemes (Ephesians
6:10-11; 1 Peter 5:8); using the Word of God (Matthew 4:1-11); putting on the
whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-17); getting closer to God (James 4:7);
and praying in the power of the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 6:18).
In what ways has Satan tried to influence you lately? What area(s) of
your spiritual life do you need to shore up so you can be stronger in your
stand against him?
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more