Clueless at the LightWhat would others say about my influence on them?
Top Music Videos
Be very careful to follow everything Moses wrote in the Book of
Instruction. Do not deviate from it, turning either to the right or to
the left (v.6).
British historian Arnold Toynbee once observed
that the rise and fall of societies has a one-toone
correlation with the quality of its leadership.
A recent study on the growth patterns of 60 churches
seems to confirm this observation. It reveals that where
the church leaders were positive, flexible, confident,
cheerful, and goal-oriented, the church was growing.
Joshua understood that leaders had played a big
part in shaping the life of Israel. When he was “very
old,” knowing that his time was limited, he organized
a Leaders Conference. He was determined to address
some key matters with the elders, leaders, judges, and
other officials of Israel.
First, Joshua reminded them of God’s faithfulness
(Joshua 23:3). God fulfilled His covenant promises
to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The patriarchs had
traversed the land as resident aliens; now their
descendants occupied it as the beneficiaries of God’s
faithfulness to His promise.
Second, Joshua told them to hold on to God’s promises
as they focused on the job at hand. Israel needed to take
full possession of the land out of obedience to God and
to enjoy His blessings. God’s promise of total victory was
tied to their being faithful in return. They had to press on.
There was still work to be done.
Third, Joshua exhorted the people to obey God’s Word
and allow it to govern their lives. They were to cling to the Lord and love Him
While some of us may not serve as elders or deacons in churches, leaders in
ministry, or executives in organizations, we’re all called to be disciple makers
(Matthew 28:19). Let’s stay faithful to our faithful God, loving both Him and
—Poh Fang Chia
Read 2 Timothy 2:1 for more “passing-the-baton” words from a leader.
Note the similarities between the messages of Joshua and Paul.
What changes will you make so that you can more effectively
encourage others to remain faithful to God? What core messages
are you presenting as a leader?
- Clueless at the Light - What would others say about my influence on them?...read more
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more
- Assets that Matter - How can you submit more fully to the Holy Spirit’s refining work in your life?...read more
- The Skeptic - What doubt about God is most persistent in your thoughts?...read more
- Is God Necessary? - God is hidden but present, revealing Himself more fully to those who invite Him to stay....read more
- God's Promises - How has God kept His promises to you?...read more
- Greater Meaning - How is Jesus rescuing, transforming, and giving your life greater meaning?...read more