The Gentle WayWhat does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?
Top Christian Music Videos
Be very careful to follow everything Moses wrote in the Book of
Instruction. Do not deviate from it, turning either to the right or to
the left (v.6).
British historian Arnold Toynbee once observed
that the rise and fall of societies has a one-toone
correlation with the quality of its leadership.
A recent study on the growth patterns of 60 churches
seems to confirm this observation. It reveals that where
the church leaders were positive, flexible, confident,
cheerful, and goal-oriented, the church was growing.
Joshua understood that leaders had played a big
part in shaping the life of Israel. When he was “very
old,” knowing that his time was limited, he organized
a Leaders Conference. He was determined to address
some key matters with the elders, leaders, judges, and
other officials of Israel.
First, Joshua reminded them of God’s faithfulness
(Joshua 23:3). God fulfilled His covenant promises
to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The patriarchs had
traversed the land as resident aliens; now their
descendants occupied it as the beneficiaries of God’s
faithfulness to His promise.
Second, Joshua told them to hold on to God’s promises
as they focused on the job at hand. Israel needed to take
full possession of the land out of obedience to God and
to enjoy His blessings. God’s promise of total victory was
tied to their being faithful in return. They had to press on.
There was still work to be done.
Third, Joshua exhorted the people to obey God’s Word
and allow it to govern their lives. They were to cling to the Lord and love Him
While some of us may not serve as elders or deacons in churches, leaders in
ministry, or executives in organizations, we’re all called to be disciple makers
(Matthew 28:19). Let’s stay faithful to our faithful God, loving both Him and
—Poh Fang Chia
Read 2 Timothy 2:1 for more “passing-the-baton” words from a leader.
Note the similarities between the messages of Joshua and Paul.
What changes will you make so that you can more effectively
encourage others to remain faithful to God? What core messages
are you presenting as a leader?
- The Gentle Way - What does it look like for you to live out Jesus’ gentleness before others?...read more
- Fireworks and Mercy - How does it make you feel to know that God understands your human frailty and has mercy on you?...read more
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more