Tender HeartsHow can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?
Top Christian Music Videos
Be very careful to follow everything Moses wrote in the Book of
Instruction. Do not deviate from it, turning either to the right or to
the left (v.6).
British historian Arnold Toynbee once observed
that the rise and fall of societies has a one-toone
correlation with the quality of its leadership.
A recent study on the growth patterns of 60 churches
seems to confirm this observation. It reveals that where
the church leaders were positive, flexible, confident,
cheerful, and goal-oriented, the church was growing.
Joshua understood that leaders had played a big
part in shaping the life of Israel. When he was “very
old,” knowing that his time was limited, he organized
a Leaders Conference. He was determined to address
some key matters with the elders, leaders, judges, and
other officials of Israel.
First, Joshua reminded them of God’s faithfulness
(Joshua 23:3). God fulfilled His covenant promises
to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The patriarchs had
traversed the land as resident aliens; now their
descendants occupied it as the beneficiaries of God’s
faithfulness to His promise.
Second, Joshua told them to hold on to God’s promises
as they focused on the job at hand. Israel needed to take
full possession of the land out of obedience to God and
to enjoy His blessings. God’s promise of total victory was
tied to their being faithful in return. They had to press on.
There was still work to be done.
Third, Joshua exhorted the people to obey God’s Word
and allow it to govern their lives. They were to cling to the Lord and love Him
While some of us may not serve as elders or deacons in churches, leaders in
ministry, or executives in organizations, we’re all called to be disciple makers
(Matthew 28:19). Let’s stay faithful to our faithful God, loving both Him and
—Poh Fang Chia
Read 2 Timothy 2:1 for more “passing-the-baton” words from a leader.
Note the similarities between the messages of Joshua and Paul.
What changes will you make so that you can more effectively
encourage others to remain faithful to God? What core messages
are you presenting as a leader?
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more