Kindness and HospitalityHow are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?
Top Christian Music Videos
Psalm 139:13-18 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it (v.14).
When it comes to physical appearance, we’re constantly bombarded with advice. And truth be told, the suggestions found on magazine covers, in TV commercials, and voiced by store clerks— among other sources—bother me. They’re all trying to nudge me to pursue that perfect look.
One blogger wrote: “For many young men and women, our physical appearance has become the measuring stick against which our entire value and worth are assessed by. But let’s get real: As detrimental as this value system can be, it’s really hard to just ‘walk away’ from that measuring stick when everything around you is pointing you in that direction.”
James reminds us of an important mirror that gives us a true view of ourselves. It’s the Word of God (1:23). In Psalm 139:14, the psalmist reminds us that we’re part of God’s marvelous workmanship. Just think about that! The One who made you and me is the wisest, most skillful, and most creative Person in the entire universe! So no matter what size, weight, or shape we are, God sees us as His creation. Beautiful. Created in His image (Genesis 1:26-27).
Regina Franklin in her book Who Calls Me Beautiful? wrote, “The moment we were created we became God’s most precious and coveted work of art—chosen, guarded, and loved. . . . We are ‘fearfully and wonderfully’ made because we have access to one of the greatest intimacies humans can know—a personal relationship with God.”
So while it’s great to “look good,” let’s not pursue it at the cost of our relationship with God. An hour in the gym and an hour in the front of the mirror but zero hours with God will not lead to true beauty.
—Poh Fang Chia
How does the knowledge that you are God’s marvelous creation affect your decision on diet, fashion, exercise, beauty products, and more? What does He consider to be true beauty?
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more