WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
Most days, I love my minivan. When its floor seems excessively littered with crumbs and random items, however, my affection wanes. On one particular trip to the carwash, I began talking with the woman who was wiping my van's newly washed windows. I soon realized that she didn't speak much English. Frustrated by the language barrier, I fumbled to find the words to share the truth of God's love. Though sorely inadequate, I decided to return another day to bring her a copy of the Spanish translation of a book that I had written.
My experience made me think about how often a language barrier exists between us and God. Negativity, doubt, and gossip are just a few of the barriers that hinder our communication with the Lord.
Speaking the same language not only enables us to exchange ideas and information, it also reveals our level of understanding of a particular culture. The concept is the same within the kingdom of heaven. We shouldn't speak one thing and be another. Do we speak His language? Or do we want to continue speaking the language of this world while still expecting to understand the things of God? Our language will reveal our residency.
Demonstrating the power of words, God spoke the world into existence. He's serious about our words because He knows that: â€¢ God's Word is our weapon of warfare. There is great power in His words! (1 Samuel 2:1; Psalm 149:6). â€¢ Our words reveal what's in our hearts. The things we say reflect who we are on the inside (Deuteronomy 30:14).
God's love for us requires that our speech be consistent with what we profess to believe. What we say is no small matter (Matthew 12:36). , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more