MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
Jesus said, “I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you
before My suffering begins” (v.15).
I had a listener call my radio show recently. “I’ve been
a Christian for 5 years, but I haven’t always lived like
one,” she said anxiously. “I want to know, does there
come a time when God won’t forgive us anymore?” I
recounted the following story to her: Jesus had arranged
a secret location to eat the Passover dinner with His
disciples—something He’d been “very eager” to share
with them (Luke 22:7-38). Very eager? Just think about
whom He ate dinner with and what would soon happen.
In a few short moments Jesus announced that someone
sitting at the table would betray Him (vv.21-22). He
already knew that Judas was the hired hit man (vv.3-6).
Would you feel “eager” to dine with your assassin?
On hearing this news, the disciples didn’t grow
concerned for their Friend’s safety; no, they started
discussing who the betrayer could be (v.23). The
conversation fragmented further as they argued about
which of them would be the “greatest” (vv.24-27).
Before the dinner was finished, these same friends
frustrated and misunderstood Jesus—with disastrous
results (vv.49-50). Jesus also broke the news of Peter’s
Immediately following dinner, Judas would betray
Jesus (vv.47-48), Peter would disown Him (vv.54-62),
the others would abandon Him (Mark 14:50), and
Jesus would be crucified. Jesus knew the evil the evening
held, yet He was still “very eager” to share it with His disciples. It was to these
flawed friends that He gave His kingdom (Luke 22:28-30).
Can you exhaust the forgiveness of God? my caller asked. Not a chance, I
replied. Leave your life of sin but don’t doubt the grace of Jesus. If He welcomes
flawed friends like His disciples into His kingdom, He’s got a place for us too.
Have you ever felt like that caller—worried that God won’t forgive
you? Why? Can any sin be beyond Jesus’ forgiveness?
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more