Red HousesWhat has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?
Top Music Videos
Jesus said, “I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you
before My suffering begins” (v.15).
I had a listener call my radio show recently. “I’ve been
a Christian for 5 years, but I haven’t always lived like
one,” she said anxiously. “I want to know, does there
come a time when God won’t forgive us anymore?” I
recounted the following story to her: Jesus had arranged
a secret location to eat the Passover dinner with His
disciples—something He’d been “very eager” to share
with them (Luke 22:7-38). Very eager? Just think about
whom He ate dinner with and what would soon happen.
In a few short moments Jesus announced that someone
sitting at the table would betray Him (vv.21-22). He
already knew that Judas was the hired hit man (vv.3-6).
Would you feel “eager” to dine with your assassin?
On hearing this news, the disciples didn’t grow
concerned for their Friend’s safety; no, they started
discussing who the betrayer could be (v.23). The
conversation fragmented further as they argued about
which of them would be the “greatest” (vv.24-27).
Before the dinner was finished, these same friends
frustrated and misunderstood Jesus—with disastrous
results (vv.49-50). Jesus also broke the news of Peter’s
Immediately following dinner, Judas would betray
Jesus (vv.47-48), Peter would disown Him (vv.54-62),
the others would abandon Him (Mark 14:50), and
Jesus would be crucified. Jesus knew the evil the evening
held, yet He was still “very eager” to share it with His disciples. It was to these
flawed friends that He gave His kingdom (Luke 22:28-30).
Can you exhaust the forgiveness of God? my caller asked. Not a chance, I
replied. Leave your life of sin but don’t doubt the grace of Jesus. If He welcomes
flawed friends like His disciples into His kingdom, He’s got a place for us too.
Have you ever felt like that caller—worried that God won’t forgive
you? Why? Can any sin be beyond Jesus’ forgiveness?
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more
- Rising Above - What difficulties have caused you to experience distress recently?...read more
- God Our Restorer - Are you in need of God’s restorative power today?...read more