FearlessHow can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?
Top Christian Music Videos
Jesus said, “I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you
before My suffering begins” (v.15).
I had a listener call my radio show recently. “I’ve been
a Christian for 5 years, but I haven’t always lived like
one,” she said anxiously. “I want to know, does there
come a time when God won’t forgive us anymore?” I
recounted the following story to her: Jesus had arranged
a secret location to eat the Passover dinner with His
disciples—something He’d been “very eager” to share
with them (Luke 22:7-38). Very eager? Just think about
whom He ate dinner with and what would soon happen.
In a few short moments Jesus announced that someone
sitting at the table would betray Him (vv.21-22). He
already knew that Judas was the hired hit man (vv.3-6).
Would you feel “eager” to dine with your assassin?
On hearing this news, the disciples didn’t grow
concerned for their Friend’s safety; no, they started
discussing who the betrayer could be (v.23). The
conversation fragmented further as they argued about
which of them would be the “greatest” (vv.24-27).
Before the dinner was finished, these same friends
frustrated and misunderstood Jesus—with disastrous
results (vv.49-50). Jesus also broke the news of Peter’s
Immediately following dinner, Judas would betray
Jesus (vv.47-48), Peter would disown Him (vv.54-62),
the others would abandon Him (Mark 14:50), and
Jesus would be crucified. Jesus knew the evil the evening
held, yet He was still “very eager” to share it with His disciples. It was to these
flawed friends that He gave His kingdom (Luke 22:28-30).
Can you exhaust the forgiveness of God? my caller asked. Not a chance, I
replied. Leave your life of sin but don’t doubt the grace of Jesus. If He welcomes
flawed friends like His disciples into His kingdom, He’s got a place for us too.
Have you ever felt like that caller—worried that God won’t forgive
you? Why? Can any sin be beyond Jesus’ forgiveness?
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more