Another OptionWhat wisdom from Scripture can help you in a dilemma?
Top Christian Music Videos
Jesus said, “I have been very eager to eat this Passover meal with you
before My suffering begins” (v.15).
I had a listener call my radio show recently. “I’ve been
a Christian for 5 years, but I haven’t always lived like
one,” she said anxiously. “I want to know, does there
come a time when God won’t forgive us anymore?” I
recounted the following story to her: Jesus had arranged
a secret location to eat the Passover dinner with His
disciples—something He’d been “very eager” to share
with them (Luke 22:7-38). Very eager? Just think about
whom He ate dinner with and what would soon happen.
In a few short moments Jesus announced that someone
sitting at the table would betray Him (vv.21-22). He
already knew that Judas was the hired hit man (vv.3-6).
Would you feel “eager” to dine with your assassin?
On hearing this news, the disciples didn’t grow
concerned for their Friend’s safety; no, they started
discussing who the betrayer could be (v.23). The
conversation fragmented further as they argued about
which of them would be the “greatest” (vv.24-27).
Before the dinner was finished, these same friends
frustrated and misunderstood Jesus—with disastrous
results (vv.49-50). Jesus also broke the news of Peter’s
Immediately following dinner, Judas would betray
Jesus (vv.47-48), Peter would disown Him (vv.54-62),
the others would abandon Him (Mark 14:50), and
Jesus would be crucified. Jesus knew the evil the evening
held, yet He was still “very eager” to share it with His disciples. It was to these
flawed friends that He gave His kingdom (Luke 22:28-30).
Can you exhaust the forgiveness of God? my caller asked. Not a chance, I
replied. Leave your life of sin but don’t doubt the grace of Jesus. If He welcomes
flawed friends like His disciples into His kingdom, He’s got a place for us too.
Have you ever felt like that caller—worried that God won’t forgive
you? Why? Can any sin be beyond Jesus’ forgiveness?
- Another Option - What wisdom from Scripture can help you in a dilemma?...read more
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more