Our Daily Journey Recent Devotionals
- Earth's Shadow12/11/2014 - What’s the relationship between love and selfishness?
- Lavish Generosity12/10/2014 - The very heart of God’s good news is lavish generosity. The gospel shatters our narrow self- centeredness because it declares a truth that borders on the absurd: God, Creator and Ruler of all, came to us . . . to us. And God came as a helpless baby . . . a baby.
- Using Your Gift12/9/2014 - Rather than allow fear and misunderstanding to pull us apart, let’s show love; it has the power to knit us together.
- Preparing the Way12/8/2014 - Christmas stands as a vivid reminder of Jesus’ identity as the King of Kings. May we prepare the way for others to bow before this King as we proclaim His good news this Christmas.
- Better than Myself12/7/2014 - Do you have friends who are helping you grow in Christ? Make an effort to maintain those friendships.
- Love, Life, and Religion12/6/2014 - Though undeserved, God’s love is given to us freely through Jesus and—astonishingly—unlike any other love, it can’t be taken from us.
- Personal Responsibility 12/5/2014 - What can you do to show genuine repentance for your actions and choices?
- Beautiful Tapestry 12/4/2014 - Let’s join David in his song of praise to God. Like one who weaves a beautiful tapestry, God created every part of our bodies with amazing detail, intention, and diversity.
- Worship and Christmas12/3/2014 - How quickly secondary things can steal our attention! And we lose the ability to be in awe of something—or better yet, Someone.
- Your Mission Statement12/2/2014 - Deep down, each of us longs to know what we’re here on earth to do—to have some sense of purpose and mission.
- Plastic Soldiers and HVAs12/1/2014 - “Some nations boast of their chariots and horses, but we boast in the name of the LORD our God” (Psalm 20:7)—
- You're Beautiful11/30/2014 - What words might you use to support someone who is overly critical of himself or herself?
- Courage Under Fire11/29/2014 - God still might ask you today to risk it all for Him, but the wonderful promise is that He will accomplish the task.
- Gospel 10111/28/2014 - Peter defined the good news as “peace with God through Jesus Christ.” Human beings are all born into sin and rebellion against God—we’re at war with Him. But peace is now possible because of what Jesus did on the cross.
- Hope Renewed11/27/2014 - The righteous person faces many troubles, but the LORD comes to the rescue each time (v.19).
- The One Who Confounds11/26/2014 - God’s Son, from His first breath to His ascension, confounds our human expectations and categories. This is good news, because our expectations are often too small.