Episode 5: Setting Boundaries, Part 1August 11, 2020 ● 30 min
Share this episode
In saying yes to those things God hasn’t assigned, we’re likely forcing ourselves to say no to those things He has. If we want to truly thrive while chronically ill, we must learn to establish and maintain God-led, healthy boundaries.
In this episode, Jennifer Slattery shares common reasons we struggle to set boundaries, what we potentially forfeit in the process, and some of the precious things we gain by stepping forward with courageous obedience to God above all else.
1. What resonated with you most in today’s podcast episode?
2. How easy or difficult is it for you to establish and maintain healthy boundaries?
3. When you do struggle with setting boundaries, what tends to be your key reasons?
4. Do you tend to struggle with one or more individual more than others?
5. Honestly evaluating your schedule, who do you most seek to honor?
6. How often do you pray for God’s guidance before taking on responsibilities or accepting invites?
7. What are some truths regarding God’s nature and character that can help give you courage to set healthy boundaries?
8. In what ways might or has your behavior made it challenging for others in your circle to set and maintain healthy boundaries?
9. What is one action step you can take in the week ahead to more fully align your day(s) and calendar/agenda with Christ’s leading?
Visit Jennifer online at http://jenniferslatterylivesoutloud.com, find her ministry at http://whollyloved.com, and connect with her on Facebook and Instagram.
Episode Image Credit: Getty/Anna Semenchenko
A Prayer for When it Feels Like Winter Will Never End - Your Daily Prayer - March 4
Dear God, why is it so hard for me to believe that spring is coming?
The latest news and hot topics trending among Christian music, entertainment and faith life.